L&L's Rage

Force10

L&L's Rage

Post by Force10 »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could fill me in as to what L&L's Rage is up to these days? The first and last time I saw it was maybe in 93 or 94. I think it was only brand new then. do they still have it? I've never ridden it, but am interested to know what it's like.

I think its interesting how L&L travel there rides, I've never seen them all at one show together ever! They always take Megadrop up the north qld run with lots of games, but its rarely with Haunted Hotel, their Miami or Rage. I just thought I would see alot more of their rides about since they are based on the coast. They really do service Australia, they must clock up the k's!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

These days the Rage only does the Perth Royal and is based over there all year. Apparently it's on 5 trailers which is alot to move around. At my local show last year, all their rides were there which were the drop, Haunted Mansion, Crazy Rider and their games. Yeh, they do clock up the K's with the drop, that's for sure
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Could anyone please enligthen me what this ride is? even better pics?

Cheers
Kiwi
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I'm curious about this ride too as I don't think I've seen it before. During the 90's there was a Music Express style ride travelling around the Sydney area called the Rage but I'm sure it's not the same one. This particular unit did many local Sydney and regional NSW shows and often travelled with Alpine Express.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i think that is the one Ben, i dont think it is on 5 trailers either, one of my staff used to operate it as well as the super loop, this was a long time ago.
mmk

Post by mmk »

Top Gunner is right, it is left in Perth and only operates at the Perth Royal Show. It is set up a second time during the winter months for maintenance by a Perth associate of L&L.

It is not actually racked on any trailers, rather, it comes in a enclosed semi, where it is put together piece by piece and takes a long time to setup. It does however seat 40+ and very popular.

kiwi

Rage

Post by kiwi »

Cheers- similar rides always seemed popular on numerous English fairgrounds. They had it well organised, getting them up and down with out too much trouble
Force10

Post by Force10 »

thanks everyone for filling me in. i wonder if they would ever travel it again? they must make enough money from it during the perth royal to warrant it being there all year round.
i can't believe that such a large ride isn't racked up on a tralier! its absurd, i really don't know why L&L would have bought such a ride. Or why any ride manufacturer would have made such a pain in the arse! Does anyone know who made it? ( i will now stop ranting). It's all just very interesting to me. The ride experience must be good then...

Maybe im just unlucky not seeing them all in one place.. Is crazy rider their miami? was it L&L's, Bell's or Young's miami that had the accident in townsville a while back?

Cheers, Force.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

L&L's Miami is now been refurbished as "The Ultimate Party Machine" and no longer owned by them.

The Crazy Rider is a SBF Visa Sky Glider ride.

Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh right. cheers hurricane, i forgot about that ride.. haha how did i miss them sellin that, i've always wondered what "the ultimate party machine" was.. it seems i need to do a little more reading through the old posts. sorry for wasting time guys
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Oh i remember seeing Sky Glider at the Easter Show in 07... bummed i didnt get to give it a go
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Can you imagine Princess's Face on that! I think she'd love it :lol:

Just remember Princess, "Sc...Sc...Scream if you want to go faster!"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've been on it, went on at Canberra last year. Pretty fun ride.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hurricane you seem obsessed with Princess... :?
princess

Post by princess »

Ok now I am embrassed. :oops:, I think it just because we banter Huss.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Gross Huss
Princess is Hurricane's mother
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, not she's not actually my mother... but she shares the same first name :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

Pmsl, no he is not my son :lol: :lol: my son is gorgeous. :lol: (really)
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

He is your surrogate son tho! Do you want your surrgoate son to obssessed with you??
princess

Post by princess »

No, :lol:
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

what are you talking about scorpion? Princess loves the carnival scene. :roll:
princess

Post by princess »

Yes Luvrides I do. :lol:
Top Gunner14

Re: L&L's Rage

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Found this short video of the Rage at Perth show. Looks like a good ride and gets some pretty fast speeds going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvGOB14q ... re=related
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I remember seeing it years ago near Melbourne's Tennis Centre and it had a Beatles backflash (as in the singing group). The year would have been around 1993-4 next to their lattice Superloops.

I remember Rage as the same general movement to O'Neills Love Express.
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Isn't the Rage Millers old Music Machine? It looks very much like it with those style of carriages. I don't remember seeing another one like it around. The Music Machine used to always do the Rocky Show and as I rememer it was only on 2 trailers- one for the carriages and one for the structure and platforms. The Rage only came to the Rocky Show once I think that was probably about the late 1990's, early 2000's.