Pinks Paratrooper.

DEEFA DODGEM

Pinks Paratrooper.

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

I have noticed lately a few different pictures of various Paratroopers. They used to bring it to the Rocky show years ago and was wondering who bought it off them and who has it now? Cheers............Deefa.
Hurricane

Re: Pinks Paratrooper.

Post by Hurricane »

If I recall, reading some older posts on this site. Pinks Paratrooper is now the Alien Invader owned by PNC. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
PNC

Post by PNC »

that is right, i own the ex pinks para trooper, does anyone have any pictures of it in its former glory when pinks had it?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Ah good, so I did get it right :) I will try and find some pictures for you.
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Thanks for that guys, it's just a shame none of the 'older classic' rides are doing the regional shows anymore. Trindalls used to bring their Super Trooper to Rocky then stopped which only left Pinks' Para trooper. Would be good to ride one of these again. The only photo I could find was a black and white one from our paper which shows half of the Trooper in action set up next to the Chipmunk roller coaster-dated 1989!,not worth posting, sorry.........Deefa.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Ahh, the Chipmonk... hahaha.... What a classic, I also have fond memories too Deef about the paratrooper when I was a wee lad!
"Slingshot , Engage"
PNC

Post by PNC »

i do some local regional shows with the ride, it is hard when you have no ground of your own.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

When i was about tweleve years old at an regional show in southern cross Western Australia, i do remember it was called the octopus,however it was recently painted pink.. any ideas who owns the SuperTrooper here in W.A.?

Cheers
Thrillseeker08
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Thrillseeker08 wrote:When i was about tweleve years old at an regional show in southern cross Western Australia, i do remember it was called the octopus,however it was recently painted pink.. any ideas who owns the SuperTrooper here in W.A.?

Cheers
Thrillseeker08
Mitro amusements.
oldie but goodie

Post by oldie but goodie »

pinks trooper when it was first built it was owned by marches and normally did the north run i can remember it even went to school fetes it was towed by a international R190 truck i do not have any photos but there would be some out there it also had 2 or 3 owners before pinks
oldie but goodie
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Going back to PNC's post about not having your own ground, I have my own ground. A rather large backyard thanks to a bit of tree "trimming". Feel like coming for a run up to Rocky for a week-end (accommodation supplied). I'm sure I could drum up enough business for you. I know you won't get me off of it!
How about it mate? :lol:

DEEFA.