Chance Turbo

Jaffa23

Chance Turbo

Post by Jaffa23 »

For Sale:

http://usedrides.com/ViewAd.aspx?Ad=11523&view=i

Maybe TPA could buy this, and replace their missing cages / and have some spare parts left over?

Jaffa23
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Chance Turbo

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

You should see the state that TPA's TURBO is in..... don't expect it to come back anytime soon
Vee

Post by Vee »

Jaffa23 wrote:For Sale:
If only I wasn't saving to buy a house :P

It'll need a lot of work to be a decent standard
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

would cost a bomb to ship 2 trailers over!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

what sort of $ would you be looking at, door to door to an Aus port?

I'd say that unit is in better operating condition than TPA's, but not by much. This (Ken Johnson's) was the last to operate in USA. Last used 2003 at a regular market site in Sacramento.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

haha you wanna go halfs david? yeah i'd say its in very good condition then tpa's. still need a blast an repaint. bit of a crack test. replace a few hoses, bearings. an she would prob be on the road. would prob cost around $35k to $50k per trailer to ship. providing theres no dirt, wood or contaminates on it. It would do really well in todays world.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

wow didn't expect shipping to be so $$$

with that freight cost, you could probably take the cars off the second trailer and jam them into a crate half the size, have a new trailer built here in Aus, and still come out even, or in front.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow wouldn't I love this ride in my backyard!

Would it cost much to convert the power over to Australian standard or is this fairly routine? I know you can buy power adapters from almost anywhere really cheap but I'm not sure whether these would work on high electricity consuming machines like amusement rides. I think our best hope for now is to see Bell's Turbo travelling again which has been talked about exhaustively on these forums.
Vee

Post by Vee »

benclare wrote:Would it cost much to convert the power over to Australian standard or is this fairly routine?
Would just have to fill the genset with gasoline, rather than petrol :wink:
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

naa it wouldn't cost much at all. prob $1000. would be just a new 3 phase motor that runs the hydroulics. the control cables could all still run at 110v with just a step down transformer. you wouldnt bother with the lights, just put all new led's over it.
v8dodgem

Post by v8dodgem »

tpas turbo is still in working order needs a good sand blast and paint and could run again as for cars we did run it with 5 on each side a few times wat a ride was fast with ten it was still running wen they put it down back of farm even has its own little gm genertor wich will start first kick with a battry but ol tas wont part with it
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

v8 very interesting. It is a pity ol' Tas won't - he needs to do it for his country! (and get some extra cash for it along the way)