Mad Mouse (Ex Adelaide)

sam

Mad Mouse (Ex Adelaide)

Post by sam »

Does anyone know if the ex Adelaide Mad Mouse is still running? Who owns it now (Is it still OFA?) and where is it? I have heard rumors it is indonesia, but isn't the melbourne mouse in Indonesia?

I am quite sentimental about the mouse, I want to be sure it is being looked after :P - when I have the money would lovvveee to buy it :D
Top Gunner14

Re: Mad Mouse (Ex Adelaide)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

OFA did have it and took it over to do a few jobs in China along with the Splash Canyon and Starchase. Last I heard the Splash didn't even get put up and that the Mouse was still over there.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Sam next time you visit Adelaide Show be sure to go to the information stand and grab a map and get directions to the 'Museum and Archive' building. One of the cars on the Mad Mouse at the grounds has been nicely restored and on display as you walk in. Would also be interested to know where it is. China sounds about right.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Mad Mouse has been sold, no longer owned by OFA, not sure on it's whereabouts
princess

Post by princess »

China or Indonesia.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

ex-Wittingslow's is in Indo: http://rcdb.com/4456.htm

My money is on China. Along with Turbo, Enterprise, and a few of our other 'best-of's
sam

Post by sam »

I contacted OFA, they said that the Mad Mouse is now in indonesia for a job being operated by someone called Billy Paul. Hopefully they don't just trash it after a few years, the ride could be totally restored - and it would be worth it, people still love the ride.

Zamperla: Yes, I love going and having a look at car number 16 that still resides at the show-grounds, they did a fantastic job of restoring it - I hope the rest of the cars can be restored like that someday.
princess

Post by princess »

Billy Paul is the manager for Bob Laurance, he goes between Indo and Australia, quite regularly.
sam

Post by sam »

So that means Bob has bought the Mad Mouse back from OFA? Doesn't surprise me it has been in his family from the start - he would have quite an attachment to it. Hope he brings it back over to some summer carnivals, etc.

I remember the last night it ran at the Adelaide Show in 2007 Bob had tears in his eyes.
princess

Post by princess »

No it means billy Paul works for ofa too, on occassion, he installed it in indo, in a park there
sam

Post by sam »

But top gunner said OFA sold the mouse?
princess

Post by princess »

Yes they did to a park in Indonesia.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

I worked with Billy Paul on two Mad Mouse in Victoria and NSW who owned by Wittingslows and Lawernce sold to Les Osbrone then Sold to Indo.
Billy Paul is engineering on many different rides and I do the ground level and order the puzzle numbers.
When Mad Mouse is selling to other place they will call Billy and me to pull down.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

billy paul told me recently there is two mad mouse site are very closer wittingslow mad mouse and ofa mad mouse now at batu spectacular night amusement park Indonesia both mad mouse spot are about 500 meter between away thats weird!
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

yep - the ex Adelaide Showgrounds mouse is at Wisata Bahari Lamongan (Tuban, East Java, Indonesia). http://www.rcdb.com/9953.htm?p=0 Cheers, Jaffa23
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Bit of a shame these 2 classics have gone to parks where they won't be kept upto top condition like their previous owner's did. Also interesting to see in the background of the photo's the ex-OFA Skymaster in the background of the photos, minus the top signs. Not that it will be missed wasn't in the best condition that's forsure...