would a operator like 2 come 2 nz

nzcarnie

would a operator like 2 come 2 nz

Post by nzcarnie »

looking for a operator to come to nz with gear and committ 2 5 years before pulling out or staying on so nz has options for another operator
wayne

Re: would a operator like 2 come 2 nz

Post by wayne »

were is all dean larkins equipment gone
old showie

Post by old showie »

For a carnival co to go to NZ would be carnival suicide . too many hidden factors in your way ,NZ economy , bad shape , petrol over $ 2 litre ,you need to have the complete carnival with pretty good gear ,so good that you could outdo Mahons if you cant STAY PUTT ,NZ winter it will freeze your nuts off ,Nth Island cold Sth Island colder ,if it was viable every oz man & his gear would be over there,Wheres,Booths, Newtons,Larkins , many others GONE Gone gone.Ive got friends with a few rides over there, friends working for Mahons, so im pretty much up to play with whats going on in NZ at the moment so unless youve got 60 rides or more you best leave it to NZs favorite amusement company with over 60 yrs experiance. otherwise youl be selling your rides to get a tkt home.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Deans Dodgems have been appartenetly sold to Australia, Red Baron ride was sold to a South Island Showmen. Kamikaze is parked up in Webers yard for sale, simulator for sale. Not sure on Merry Go Round, Ferris Wheel or any others.

Kiwi
benclare

Post by benclare »

A sad picture painted about NZ there but you're probably right. I think it's more the population isn't big enough to support multiple carnival operators. It's a shame sea transport is so expensive because NZ operators could run their rides at festivals in the Pacific. Where I am currently based in Samoa, there are several events that attract large numbers of people and I reckon rides would run well there. I have heard a carnival owner from Hawaii has been there previously.