Mondial Capriolo 10

Hurricane

Mondial Capriolo 10

Post by Hurricane »

As if the people at Mondial couldn't get any crazier with this ride... they have brought out the brand new Capriolo 10. There is no official information on the Mondial site, but there is a video of the first model built. Basically it's the same as any Capriolo, except the part where the fan SPINS as well, like Hard Rock. Talk about freaking INSANE!

Here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3YNx0K8eg
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Mondial Capriolo 10

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

amazing machine, there's currently 2 travelling europe... would be awesome if bells upgraded to this monster!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... not sure if it's avail as an upgrade as Mondial don't even list it on the site (in detail)

So far Infinity and Maxximum 2 are the travelling units.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh haha didn't mean upgrade, as in change the lower arm... i meant change the entire model for a cap10
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I realized that after I posted...Eh, I like No Limit the way it is :P It's so cute... just wish it would come back to bloody Brisbane!!!

I think Trindalls should buy it :D
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Wow, that looks fun
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

I thought the fan helped drive it, so don't understand how it works when the fan is facing the main arm on the way down. Looks crazy though
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The fan does not help drive it... it's purely cosmetic.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

What a waste if its only cosmetic and moreso why would you bother having it. I think it looks stupid but as I thought it was there for a reason I thought fair enough.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

its not purely cosmetic. It works in conjunction with the motor on the arm's hub. I'm only guessing here, but if the arm was powered purely from the centre, there would be too much torque to accelerate / decelerate at the rate NO LIMIT moves without bending it, so the fan helps distribute the power to propel it.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Thats what I thought. Why would you go and wack a dirty big fan on it to do nothing. It always looked to me like it was assisting the drive.
I'd say though once it goes over the top it has enough motion for the fan to not need to assist so much hence it probably doesn't matter if its facing the wrong way on the way down.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

We've had this discussion before I'm pretty sure. I've spoken to most of the blokes who have ever worked No Limit and from them they've all said the fan is just cosmetic/sound effect. ALso you look/listen to how the way No Limit is operated too, the arm will usually go over the top and the operator will stop accelerating and the arm freely swings around to nearly reach the top again before they power it to go the other way. I haven't seen them quickly power the arm straight away to go the other way. And the fan only spins the one way too. That's what I've just been told anyway...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

sounds great when youre rushing towards the ground.... im sure it would create some assistance... the blades on the fan are arched, so they would cause some propulsion, its just physics
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I talked to the guy who was working on the no limit yesterday and i asked the same question and he said that it helped stop the ride
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

if you watch it, the fan does stop mid ride...