ARM Ali-Baba

Funderstruck

ARM Ali-Baba

Post by Funderstruck »

Looks like we are getting another Ali-Baba if the ARM website home page is correct under Whats New.

http://www.armrides.com/index.htm

"Our latest custom themed Ali-Baba is complete and on its way to Australia"

Looks like a nice unit, good themeing but do we really need another Ali-Baba.

Wonder who it belongs too. Anyway we now be the first to know :)
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: ARM Ali-Baba

Post by Zamperla »

The fact that its a copy of what is already here and the out-there theme reminds me of Chant's stuff. Just a guess.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Actually Zamp I think you just jogged a memory, I'm sure I heard something to that effect somewhere not that long ago. You have it in one word "COPY". Yet another new version of an old ride.
I guess by buying brand new and calling it something different it will push older Ali's off their ground. Guess the Gill Bros and Watkins etc won't be too happy about this purchase.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ali Baba's are an easy set up, and seem to be good earners where ever they go. It will just mean more country shows get to experience it.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

chippa chants bought it and its on the way
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Yeah I did hear that.

Midnight and Ali already do heaps of country shows and my guess is they won't be anymore. Maybe they will sell one to me now lol
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh known about this one for a while too, they've started doing a lot of turnouts and festivals around Melbourne so Chant's believe this was a viable option, Watkin's Midnight Madness basically does most shows Chant's are at anyway. Agreed they are easy to move, wouldnt be a suprise if he applies for capitals with it
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Hmm, sounds interesting have another Ali-baba...

Ali-baba should so come to Gympie, QLD show for years to come if thats the case unless its only traveling the south run not the north run, the ali-baba that runs the north run doesnt come to our show anymore, i like to see that ride again, i wish it came back, i havent seen that ride at my show for at least 4 years????
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no comment whatsoever....
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Interesting use of the guitar neck in the theme.
ImageImage
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

so thrilled another Ali Baba is coming here.... what do we have 80 now?.....
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Just heard tonight Chippa has another ride being built at the moment I think its a wheel but unconfirmed but definately has something on the go.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

why aren't showmen on the lookout for new and unique rides? Goldenway seriously did their research, as did Bells..... don't understand it to be honest
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Along with March's, Watkins and TPA... It seems latley that they are the only companies that are actually doing research and finding new and UNIQUE attractions to bring into the country. IMO the only "Unique" attractions in the last several years brought into the country are:

Speed
No Limit
Insanity
Space Roller
Skywalker
XXXL
Extreme

Everything else is just a copy of other rides basically... As far as the Ali Baba's go we have enough!!

Midnight Madness
Ali Baba (Gills)
Ali Baba (Marshals?)
Ali Baba (Other owner who I don't know :P)
Supernova
Chant's New Ali...

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head but i'm SURE there is at least another 1 or 2.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Extreme is about as unique as Rock N Roll is unique, lets be honest......its just a newer faster Orbiter like Rock N Roll is a newer faster Matterhorn.
Skywalker, XXXL, Speed, Space Roller, Sky Flyer these are all truly unique rides.
When a operator buys a new version of a old ride it reminds me of when a singer or band releases a cover, it may sound a bit different but it still the same song.
With ride technology moving forward in leaps and bounds if you have the money to buy new it is extremely easy to be unique about your purchase like Goldenway has been, infact even buying second hand you can be unique like Mixer or even Disko
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

*facepalm* :x Why do we need another ARM Ali Baba? Probably giving the organisers more incentive to not bring back Rainbow. :evil: The joys of amusements are completely ruined nowadays. It's not the same as it used to be.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

I think the New (Older type classic rides) are needed. Face it, the equipment is getting older and older. And being slowly replaced with new machines is a good move in the right direction!! So get over it, and enjoy the equipment that we (australia) has to offer!
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Yeah, but while newer rides are being introduced, they're cracking down good rides like Huss Rainbow, giving us a lineup of mediocre to crap rides. There's only a few number of good rides, notably the rides by KMG (Sky Walker, Speed, XXXL) and Mondial (Space Roller, No Limit), but it's not the same without the classic Huss rides and others that still deserve to be on the showgrounds. I'm starting to lose interest in going on carnivals because the organisers are constantly making those boneheaded moves. :(
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't think I'll ever lose interest in the Show scene and personally I don't care whether there are new versions of old rides coming in or whether they're unique ones. Sure it's great to experience something new like XXXL but I'm just glad the showies are financial enough to bring in anything at all. My heart breaks for those who spend millions on rides, only to have them break down for long periods of time. Fear and initially Sky Walker are just two that caused major problems right after purchase.How the operators survive this I'll never know. If a carnival has halfway decent rides and the atmosphere is friendly and exciting, that's all I need to have a great time!
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

I,m no personal fan of the ali-baba, but i do think something new is always good. Guess we will have to wait till Melbourne to compare new to old !
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Yeah, but I would appreciate it heaps if they bring back the rainbow, the ali baba has already made a 3 year term at the RES, so it should just stay at other showgrounds. the last thing the RES needs is another cheap HUSS Rainbow clone to take its place only to push the ride further and further away from being in use. To me, that is like the beginning of the end :( , and we got too many A.R.M. Ali Babas and only one HUSS Rainbow. Australia needs another Rainbow and it needs to be owned by someone who will put it to good use and not dump it for reasons that were already fixed like what OCS did. All the same, it's great to hear the new Tivoli ride coming to the Australian showgrounds though. Now if only we get more thrills from Mondial, KMG, and Technical Park.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

*needs to control my anger, but couldn't* FFFFFFFFFF*This post is experiencing technical difficulties. Please wait*
*gasps* alright. I need to calm down now...*exhales*
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think Rainbow will come back, just a matter of time when.... The lower arm work can be done in Australia through instruction by HUSS, what's to say it hasn't already been done, apparently the arm was in Melbourne a couple of years ago at DanFab...
Maybe another reason it's not on Sydney is because FEAR has the contract for another year, maybe not enough staff to set up both rides in time, and operate during the show...
we will see!