Spotted on the Move

Force10

Spotted on the Move

Post by Force10 »

Hey guys,

I know Rocky Show is on this weekend, so I was really surprised to see a few rides on the road just outside Brisbane heading north. Watkins Kamikaze, March's Wave swinger (98% sure) and a Cha Cha (not sure who's, looked like one from castle hill show pics) and a few joints too. I wonder where they are headed and where they've been? Was there a local festival on in Brisbane?

Cheers
Force10
princess

Re: Spotted on the Move

Post by princess »

Probably heading north for the rest of the north
run
sunnycoastqld

Post by sunnycoastqld »

might have been heading to Nambour that is this weekend i can find out for you :D
Force10

Post by Force10 »

That sounds very likely, let us know if you get the chance to go down.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

I might go down to nambour as well to see whats there... :)
sunnycoastqld

Post by sunnycoastqld »

Destonation Nambour
Attachments
IMG272.jpg
IMG272.jpg (86.2 KiB) Viewed 12037 times
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

Thanks for the pic sunnycoastqld nice to see freestyle back again this year, is there another midnight madness ride type ride up head in that pic???
sunnycoastqld

Post by sunnycoastqld »

yep think so its a chants owned ride also there was the claw and power surge
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Yep that Chant's Alii Baba is called Rock Star. But why the hell would you have 2 Ali's in one freaking show :lol:
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

sunnycoastqld wrote:Destonation Nambour
stewart watkins ali baba and paul watkins kamikaze
les chants freestyle and les chants rockstar
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

yeah i dont get it as well whys theres 2 of the same ride type...??
Is there a few cha cha type rides there cause last years had about 2 or 3 of them i remember seeing??
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sounds like a nice show. It is common for two or more of the same ride to appear on the midway at one time. The number of dogem cars showing up to each show is a prime example! I've been to shows that feature at least two Cha Chas, Hurricanes although this is becoming less common, Ali Babas, Wave Swingers and Kamikazes. I don't think it takes much away from the event although obviously the room taken up by the second attraction could be better used on another ride.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

I agree with that, having another same type ride is a waste if you dont like doubles, but ive never seen Rockstar, so it will be my first time seeing that ride when i visit the show this weekend, the space that it will take up would be better to have a different ride there... ive never seen 2 cha cha type rides at the same show, except for the sunnycoast show last year where there was at least 2 that i remember... :)
I have to say this show sounds good this year by what im hearing....
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Can I just say that Midnight Madness is looking so much better lately. Even the Gel's down the bottom of the deck have been done up to look better. I still don't like the huge panels on the lower arm but you can't win them all :P
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Hurricane wrote:Can I just say that Midnight Madness is looking so much better lately. Even the Gel's down the bottom of the deck have been done up to look better. I still don't like the huge panels on the lower arm but you can't win them all :P
I HATE THOSE DAMN LOWER PANELS!!!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

If a showmen has the ground ofcourse they'll put up their own ride. Not all the time they bother about doubles they're there to earn money aswell as the same operator with the same machine. We used to get 3 Zipper's at Hawkesbury, few years ago had 3 Kamikaze type rides.

Good to see Midnight Madness is still getting worked on over-time, looking alot better compared to when it first came here. Watkin's kamikaze is looking very bare on the arms without any lights or paint...
benclare

Post by benclare »

[quote="Top Gunner14"]If a showmen has the ground ofcourse they'll put up their own ride. Not all the time they bother about doubles they're there to earn money aswell as the same operator with the same machine. We used to get 3 Zipper's at Hawkesbury, few years ago had 3 Kamikaze type rides. Those were the days! One year, I think it was 95, the Show also had the Super Loop, making four upside down rides doing pretty much the same thing although Super Loop is structurally different to the Fabri Kamikaze's. I also remember Hawkesbury having Lawrie's and Wittingslow's Breakdances and both were hugely popular.
Steve07

Post by Steve07 »

do you think super loops will come back to australia and travel the north run in QLD ever again??
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The Superloop is still in Australia but if it does ever come back very slim chance it would ever travel up to Nth Queensland