Zipper

Super Loops

Zipper

Post by Super Loops »

I noticed the Zipper was at Warrnambool last weekend and would like to know where it is next headed if maybe Ballarat or Dandy ? If anyone can say. Please do as I'm keen for a ride!!!!
Matt Diabolism

Re: Zipper

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Do you know whose Zipper it is?...might be JD's,or Zacchini's could be down this way again.
ImageImage
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Don't think JDs has made it's debut yet... Was probably Zacchs
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

http://www.standard.net.au/story/186932 ... ow/?cs=135

here are some pics I found, where will it be next?
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

The Ex Davis Zipper!!!,it's good to see it travelling again,who owns it now?...and anyone know whose Ali that is?,it was at Sale over the weekend.If that Zipper is under new ownership it's hard to say where it will show up next.
ImageImage
MARK GILL

Post by MARK GILL »

Had heard that this ride had been completely repainted black and yellow! Glad to see that it still retains the Super Hero decoration that I did for Dean Davis. If anybody knows the new owner can they please let him know that I still have the 2 brand new side triangle banners for the ride that were decorated to match the artwork that Mr Davis failed to pay for and collect before he sold the ride.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

is the ride still ruined? as in the belt drive wheels dont turn?

such a shame to see a great Wittingslow ride ruined
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Going by the pics I saw,it wasn't at Ballarat...but I don't think a Zipper has been there for years anyway.Best bet is probably Dandenong.
ImageImage
avp

Post by avp »

There is a Zipper in Melton this weekend for a small festival.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

JD Amusements ZIPPER made it's debut this weekend at the Melton Festival, looking fantastic! it's our first electric driven model!

Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Without doubt the best looking Zipper in Oz,but electrically driven usually means slower,hope this isn't the case with this model.
ImageImage
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Yes this looks like a nice ride although I'm wondering the same with the electric drive being noticeably slower. Any idea where it may show next? I'd give it a review if I can try it out!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I just thought that the ex DAVIS or JD Amusements Zipper needs to be at RYE over the summer. BOTH would be my choice, I don't care though as ANY ZIPPER is a good enough. Hope that this happens as RYE is just a shadow of itself in recent years. I'd love to see a revival of a classic ride like the ZIPPER back at RYE. I'd really be sad to see no ZIPPER again this year, it' is dearly missed by all down at RYE, and that's an understatement. Sorry should have posted this over at VIC shows now that I think of it.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Super Loops wrote:I just thought that the ex DAVIS or JD Amusements Zipper needs to be at RYE over the summer. BOTH would be my choice, I don't care though as ANY ZIPPER is a good enough. Hope that this happens as RYE is just a shadow of itself in recent years. I'd love to see a revival of a classic ride like the ZIPPER back at RYE. I'd really be sad to see no ZIPPER again this year, it' is dearly missed by all down at RYE, and that's an understatement. Sorry should have posted this over at VIC shows now that I think of it.
I know the feeling mate. Thanks to the RMS my enthusiasm for the rides has been crushed. Don't know about the Zipper being at Rye. I feel like an idiot for telling you guys about what's going to happen to Rye next year. I don't know how to react because this year will be the last year (if they put the @#%$ing carpark in next year) that Rye will be around or at the size it is atm. I need a shoulder to cry on lol :(
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Things happen at rye very slowly so who knows what will happen... the carnival brings in a ridiculous amount of money over summer... it will be a disaster if this is the last year!