Europe

Discussions about Parks and Fairs in any other European Countries
scorpionSA

Europe

Post by scorpionSA »

anyone know anywhere with decent rides in Austria, Italy or Serbia?
Hopefully will be getting to Munich to check out the rides at Oktoberfest - will keep you posted if i do.
princess

Re: Europe

Post by princess »

Zamperla, will be able to give you all that information. :D Have a great time.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh hope you have a ball
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Italy and Austria have quite a few big parks (each country has at least twice as many parks as we do in Aus) - I imagine you'd find some gems in Serbia too. a different 'ambience' is the politest way I can put it (but these I find more interesting than the standard cookie-cutter parks you get elsewhere)

If you're going to Vienna, Weiner Prata is a must-see (has been operating since 1790!) except for the world's oldest operating ferris wheel, it's made up of intependently run showmen-owned attractions (lots of HUSS goodies if you catch it on a good month)

http://www.wiener-prater.at/GeneralInformation.php?LI=1

My advice, is to download google earth, and placemark as many parks as you can.
and above all, don't let high ride or admission prices stop you from a few memorable (and priceless) experiences

I just did a quick conversion, Prata has free admission, a ride on the Breakdance will cost you 3 Euro (bit over $5 - good value considering AUS 2009 prices!)
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Thanks Zamperla
Arriving into and leaving from Vienna so should be able to get there hopefully. It is going to be a bit of a whirlwind tour.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Sounds promising Scorp - on the flipside, don't try and cover too much and suffer 'theme park burnout' I've never been to Vienna, the Ferris Wheel on its own is reason enough to visit the park.