Cosmo's World Theme Park - Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Discussions about Parks and Fairs in any Asian Countries
Jaffa23

Cosmo's World Theme Park - Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post by Jaffa23 »

Hi all,

Well I have temporarily escaped the cold Melbourne winter, and have travelled to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (work - not holiday).

Anyway, I did some research prior to travelling, and found an indoor amusement park within a MASSIVE shopping complex. It's called Cosmo's World Theme Park http://www.timessquarekl.com/themepark.

Went down there after work 2day - it was OK with a selction of 6 "Major" RIdes and plenty of kids rides. My main aim was to ride the Space Odyssey Coaster (built by INTAMIN AG), which I did 3 times. It was pretty cool with 3 inversions, but not break-neck speed (I think around 70km top speed). Bit boring after the 3rd time.I guess having been to West Edmonton mall a few years back and riding the indoor Mindbender coaster, well I doubt any indoor shopping complex coaster will come close! Funny - they claim Spacew Odyssey is the biggest indoor coaster in the world, but I reckon Mindbender craps on it,

Other rides there:

- "Spinning Orbit", a slightly different Condor by Huss Rides
- "DNA Mixer", a Top Spin ride by Huss Rides
- "Ooort's Express", a Superbob ride
- "Dizzy Izzy", a Schwarzkopf Monster II-type Octopus ride
- "Space Attack", this huge pendulum like double Kamikaze ride, but taller and faster.

I have taken some pics, but not yet available. For a sneak pic of Space Odyssey, try http://www.rcdb.com/1607.htm?p=0

Verdict - it killed a few hours that otherwise would have been spent in hotel room. Is it worth a look? Sure - if you are in town, but I wouldn't fly all the way over there for a theme park holiday,,,Value? - Good. 38 Malaysia ringits (= about 15 Oz bucks for unlimited rides)

Cheers,

Jaffa23
Hurricane

Re: Cosmo's World Theme Park - Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post by Hurricane »

I went there in April 2010 and thought it was an alright park. The rollercoaster was pretty darn good, and I thought it was better than any we had in Australia. Also spinning orbit isn't a HUSS Creation, it's actually built by Intamin. In fact most of the rides apart from DNA Mixer (Moser Rides) are made by Intamin I think. I'd love to see photos of the place, as I do miss it.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

wow this place looks good. I too have been privilleged enough to get a dose of West Edmonton Mall's Schwartzkopf Mindbender, but comparing any coaster to that monster is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Can someone post a photo of this Intamin HUSS Condor imitation?

You really do get outstanding value at the many worldclass themeparks around Asia that are always overlooked (and only found out about with some internet research on sites like rcdb.com) I've just returned from a quick trip to Manilla and got to visit Star City - was a good little park for around au$7 entry with unlimited rides. (review and photos to follow in another post)
Jaffa23

Post by Jaffa23 »

spinning orbit1.JPG
spinning orbit1.JPG (25.34 KiB) Viewed 6868 times
Spinning-Orbit2.jpg
Spinning-Orbit2.jpg (30.02 KiB) Viewed 6868 times
princess

Post by princess »

Reminds me of the rides that used to be in Myer at Brisbane, definitely more slick, I think there is a place for this now in Australia, especially now that Sydney does not have any theme parks, I was speaking to an event person the other week, who was bemoaning the fact, that Sydney does not have a decent theme park, not that she liked rides or anything, but because there is a market there for tourists that come to Sydney.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That Intamin re-make of the Huss Condor looks interesting, thanks for the review and those few photos. Have to agree princess an indoor theme park would go great in Sydney IMO, shame theres no one really out there promoting or trying to get one up and running. Except for that resort down Camden way