NEW RIDE FOR 2007!

White Water World, Queensland, Australia - Opened December 2006
Hurricane

NEW RIDE FOR 2007!

Post by Hurricane »

It seems as though White Water World, is getting 2 Proslide Cannon Bowl slides this year, they are currently under construction just off the Temple of Huey (body slides) complex. I know i'm not meant to plug websites, but Roller-Coaster.com.au has some updates on the website about the new slides. So if you want construction pictures, check out the forums there.

The name of the new slides are yet to be confirmed, and I for one find it odd that White Water World are building ths when they have a basically identical ride in the park (The RIP) But we can just wait and see what they dazzle us with.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Gee wiz!! This sounds g8 :!: I wonder how big the park will eventually get. Imagine if it ever got as big ans wet n wild :!:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Judging by the land space that White Water World has, I don't think it will ever get to that size. I still am confused as to why they got these slides.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I haven't been there so i don't know how big the land is
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The only real space that they have to expand on is the old Thunderbolt site (where these new slides are going) And I think out the front of the park towards the highway. I havn't been in a while so i'm not sure about the highway specs.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Oh ok, so its not that big. Last time i was there was when cyclone first opened a couple of years back
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

the reason that white water world opened up was to due the fact that there was enough room for competion on the market of a new water park on the gold coast and not to mention the fact that dreamworlds water slides have been closed permanently due to there age and also they wanted to expand the rides that dreamworld currently have there.

the white water world was originally opened in direct competion to wet n wild but has since been brought out by dreamworld. wet n wild and white water world all have there pluses and minus. eg white water world was the first to bring out the hydro coaster slide. and i can say as ive worked at both water parks i can say that w.w.w's green room is a far better and more extreme ride than w.n.w. version - tornado . its still fun don't get me wrong but unfortently doesnt quite match the opposition.
chacha91

Post by chacha91 »

the white water world was originally opened in direct competion to wet n wild but has since been brought out by dreamworld.
correct me if im wrong, but didn't maquarie leisure (the owners of dreamworld) build white water world to compete against Warner Village theme Parks (Wet n' Wild) in the water park section
You only got one life - SO LIVE IT
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

from what i understand and have been told no the original owners of w.w.world brought the land of dreamworld. and they built it and then opened it. dreamworld had nothing to do with it at that time they were actually looking at extending there old water section and updating it with more current equipment not as flash as the water parks as such but that was what there intentions were to be.

w.w.world became successful and the owners sold it to dreamworld for a very tidy sum.
dreamworld have no got real slides (w.w.world) and can make a killing as they are doing dual entry to both for around 70 - 80$ or something like that its been a while so im a bit rusty on the prices.

i hope that makes sense
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Macquarie Leisure Trust (owners of Dreamworld) have always been the owners of Whitewater World.....

http://www.macquarie.com.au/au/property ... 051128.htm

CG
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

the 2 new slides that were mentioned some time ago are actually up and going now and they are called the lil rippers they are a fun slide to go on and u can also go on them as a single rider rather than the double but even if u do go on as a double still a good ride also they are right nxt door to temple of huey. also they are not on the old thunderbolt site. and are sorta under the cyclone if that makes sense.
cheers katie