Sea World - Aborted Trip

Sea World, Queensland, Australia
Jaffa23

Sea World - Aborted Trip

Post by Jaffa23 »

Hi all.

Well as some of you may have read from my Movie World posts, the family is now on vacation on the Gold Coast.

The trip was booked many months ago, and at that time of booking, the only park that I was thinking of taking my girls to was Sea World. 2 years ago I took my then 2 year old there, who had a ball. I thought I would take her back there this time (she is now 4), and her baby sister (2 years old).

Last time, we had endless fun on the Train ride, Skyrail thingie (chairlift), Merry-go-round, and other young kids’ rides,,,,,Anyway to cut a long story short, I checked the SeaWorld internet site while I’m up here and looked at the Rides Maintenance schedule., Found that the following were all closed for maintenance,,, - how disappointing:

The Grand Central Train Tour will be closed 1 May - November 2008 inclusive due to park construction work.
The Sky High Skyway will be closed from 8 September 2008 for scheduled maintenance.
Dugong Discovery will be closed from 13 October 2008 for renovations.
The Cookie Monster Cup Carousel and Grover’s Flight School will be closed 20 October - 30 November 2008 inclusive for scheduled maintenance.

This was therefore going to limit what we could go on a fair bit (after promising eldest of train rides, etc for a while now).

So I guess a couple of things / questions?

1)- is the build of the new coaster there impacting some of the existing rides, or is this just a maintenance thing after the recent school holidays?

2). For families with young kids traveling to theme parks, maybe check in advance to avoid disappointment.

But not whinging – the itinerary has been tweaked and we’re heading to Dreamworld instead on Tuesday with Family..(and I’m sure I’ll disappear for a few moments to check out TOT….)

Anyway- Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car – Look Out Wiggles World!!! (Review to follow)

Cheers.

Jaffa23
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The Train has been affected by the Construction of the Jet Ski Resuce Roller Coaster. The Track comes VERY close to that bridge and the train track behind the corkscrew also comes very close to it. That is the reason why the train is closed.

So once the coaster is open next month the train SHOULD be back up and running.
princess

Post by princess »

Nice sign off Jaffa, lol, lucky you checked the internet, before you went out there
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

just wait from them to graduate to 1,2,3,4 - Hi-5! Hands in the air lets do it together!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No... Just NO! :lol: WVTP got rid of Hi 5 earlier in the year lets NOT bring them back!
princess

Post by princess »

Scorpian, you a totally full of surprises, I think I am glad my kids missed the wiggles. :P
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

You should have been here when we were looking after my supervisors' kid last year. Three 20 somethings all jumping up and down to Hi-5 in their office!