Movie World Review + Pics

Warner Bros Movie World, Queensland, Australia
Paulie123

Movie World Review + Pics

Post by Paulie123 »

Hey guys.
Had a awesome time at movie world! Got on superman escape! WOO. It was pretty cool. The launch was the best bit. After that it wasnt anything extraordinary. Still, it was fun. Went on Lethal Weapon several times and it was HELL. If lethal weapon was B&M smooth.. It would be one of,if not, my favourite coasters. I LOVE the track layout. Its fun and thirlling. But the headbanging is far too extreme and way too painfull. I saw someone get off with bleeding ears. It was from her ear piercings but im pretty sure. It felt like my ears were bleeding too.. Haha. TERRIBLE. But, i rode it again and again trying to make the ride a little less painful. Nothing working. I found front seat was a little better from all the rest. Especially back. Batwing spaceshot is very fun. Scooby is a pretty good ride. Not worth what i qued up for but.. Almost 30 minutes.. Wild west falls is still a awesome ride with the backwards element and all that.Good for a hot day I got drenched... Sorry, not many pics again. This time my camera died :evil: I was kinda slack with the review of my trip this time guys. Haha. If i go again i will be more organised and get more/better pictures.

Overall i had a great time. I really dont think our parks here are all that great.. Yeah, we have some good rides, but think about it.. Dreamworld has what.. 2 Coasters, A drop tower, And some flats.. Look at some of the parks America has.. Six flags magic mountain has about 14 excellent coasters with some good flats and water rides, shows, etc. I dont think were much competion for anywhere else in the world but still they are fun places to go to. Just can help being a bit jealous of america :[
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: Movie World Review + Pics

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

It's called space and population .... how on earth would they fit 14 coasters in one of our parks, let alone the economy to afford these massive rides and the amount of revenue to pay them off!
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Movie World Review + Pics

Post by Zamperla »

I think competition comes into the equation too (or lack of)

In hindsight, a company like Six Flags has paid the ultimate price of over-investment (plummetting share price, forced sell-off of a few parks for land value) but at the other end of the scale is Australia's parks. Ultra conservative in any capital expenditure. The only ride I can think of that hasn't been a 'cheapened up cookie-cutter' would have to be MW's comendable Wild West Falls (is that what it's called now days?)