Wet n wild review + pics

Wet N Wild, Queensland, Australia
Paulie123

Wet n wild review + pics

Post by Paulie123 »

Hey guys.
Had a ball at wet n wild. As always.
Wet n wild was totally different from when i last went.. Which was in 04..
The H20 zone was completely new for me. Had a blast!
I LOVEEE TORNADO.
surfrider was closed =[
ah well. still had fun.
not too many ques.. longest wait was for kamikaze. 10 mins approx with 1 side only going! :]

heres the pics:

Hurricane

Re: Wet n wild review + pics

Post by Hurricane »

You didn't miss much with SurfRider anyway... Now that the water jet's don't run the ride has lost anything that was good about it IMO.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

How come they don't run them? Looks fantastic and would be different aswell for me as I haven't been there in ages, again thanks for the photos. Tornado looks awesome as does kamikaze
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Many reasons as to why SurfRider's jets were turned off PERMANENTLY. One of them was the water jets kept on hitting the computers, causing unexpected breakdowns and delays. Not even water resistant covers were able to protect them. The chlorinated water didn't go well with the ride either, there was rust and the paint had faded BADLY within 6 months of opening. Almost to the extent of what The Claw looks like today. The Decision was then made by management to stop the water effect's in hope that the ride would start running better, which it hasn't.

The ride is plauged with Mechanical issues and has often gone down for prolonged period's of time. Weather it be a whole ride failure, or one or even 2 sets of the rings seizing up and not spinning properly. Hell just after the ride the staff had a brekkie and got to ride the surfrider, thing is one of the groups got stuck on the ride, the ride finished and they couldn't get the floor to come back up so they could walk off the ride. The ride was stuck for over an hour so the staff were stuck in the hot sun, they got them drinks and towels to cover themselves from the sun. The opening of the park was delayed because most of the front gate staff were stuck on the ride, so when some replacements were found the park opened.

One week after the ride opened, it went down for over 2 weeks for an "Unexpected Technical Delay" also. This was NOT good for the park considering the extensive advertising for the parks going on at this time. Parts even had to be ordered in from overseas to get the ride running. It was also closed from July 2007 - Late October 2007 for "Maintenence" The ride just doesn't seem to be worth the effort that Warner Village have put into it. With the money they have spent on the ride, they should have got something like the Claw instead. It is a similar if not better ride experience with half the issues!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

nice photos Paulie - the first I've seen of the new Intamin coaster.

Looks like typically perfect weather
princess

Post by princess »

Weather here is perfect, for W&W or any other water park, Love it.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow, thats a shame the Surf rider has been closed. thanks for the info Hurri
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

SurfRider = Lemon. :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol yeh by the sounds of it a very big one
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... When my mum was looking for me one day when I was in the park. She called me and went "I'm at the Watermelon Ride" and I was going WTF?! Since then it's been nicknamed the Watermelon ride. :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Haha alright, thats a good name too