New Family Rides

mmk

New Family Rides

Post by mmk »

I was wondering about the family ride market, and what family rides have proven to be popular over east and internationally? and has anyone heard any news of new 'unique' family rides being manufactured?

Also, I am aware of the IAAPA Expo's where they showcase these rides, has anyone been to these expo's and are they worth going to?

Cheers
mmk
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

the Crazy Rider is a hit i hear.
benclare

Post by benclare »

A big dream of mine is to attend one of those big trade shows. They have a huge one in Florida, USA each January and I was really sorry to miss it when I was overseas.
PNC

Post by PNC »

im sure the SBF visa traffic jam will be a hit
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats what i was thinkin of PNC. Traffic jam looks great. It also won best family ride i think. I was talkin 2 my mate and he said crazy rider was doin crap.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd also like 2 see a Wisdom Tornado. There r a couple 4 sale on used rides. Around $110,000 US. Pretty great and fun lookin ride
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

How is Zamperla's Disk-O going? I heard very positive things about it when it was on display at amusement conferences but have heard mixed reactions as to its success to operators.

I think the Rock'n'Tug has been a good hit, always seems quite popular with the families.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Roc n tug is a great family ride. A zamperla crazy bus looks good too
benclare

Post by benclare »

The Rock'n'tug sure is popular; you can't get near it when it's at the capital shows for all the kids queuing to ride it.

As for the Crazy Rider, it's sort of cool but I think the fact it flips upsidedown sort of scares some people, perhaps not the best attraction for young kids. On the other hand, it's a gentle entry into the inverted rides market for kids wishing to take the next step; a ride like Crazy Rider would've been great for me when I was hesitant to do the inverted attractions in the past.
PNC

Post by PNC »

id personally put the zamperla disko into a bigger category than family, it takes to much space to do well i think, on the other hand i am very happy with my new zamperla kids ride, the SKATER
mmk

Post by mmk »

PNC, correct me if im wrong, but the skater is the same as the Roc-in-tug, but instead of a boat a skateboard??? has it been popular?

Is it a relatively easy ride to set-up/pull down?
princess

Post by princess »

Ben, I have watched crazy rider for awhile, I did not see it going upside down, correct me anyone if I am wrong, but I am sure that it does not go upside down, it is a cute ride, but it does not fit enough people on it, to make it viable, imo, (only fits 4 per ride) it was rather funny to watch the kids and parents peddling there hearts out to make it do a rotation. (very sick sense of humour)lol :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I went on crazy rider at canberra and it was heaps funny. U have to pedal and u just stay horizontal like on ali baba except goin back and forwards. Also wats skater? PNC, didnt u buy a mini roc n tug?
benclare

Post by benclare »

You are probably right Princess. I had thought the Crazy Rider went upside down briefly; I have never ridden it but thought I had read somewhere about it being similar to a Kamikaze. Perhaps I was seeing things. :lol:

Anyway, the skater ride sounds like fun.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Id like 2 c wat skater is.
princess

Post by princess »

So Topgunner, please enlighten me, do you have to peddle to give crazy rider momentum to actually go over the top, is there a motor?(is that stupid) :? or is it just man made power? Maybe Lew has actually hit on something here that does not need power (though my gut tells me this is wrong) very clever if it dos'nt you could set the ride up anywhere, a green ride. lol :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Crazy rider does hav pedals. It must hav sensors to tell when u pedal. Its not all man power. Thad b hard. Its ok but was funny when i went on it
princess

Post by princess »

I will have to grab a kid give this a go, just so as I understand it. thanks, hope they are trained in resusitation. :shock:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

One of these would b great. A wisdom tornado. Can pic one up for $110,000 US used:

Racks neatly too, single trailer:

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Heres a Zamperla Crazy Bus:
Vee

Post by Vee »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Racks neatly too, single trailer:
Ride on trailer, couple of joints in the truck, lucky numbers on the truck, only need a few operators - twin cab truck, bundle them all in.

Nice operation 8)
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

I'm positive I have seen a Wisdom Tornado at the RMS quite a few years ago, mid to late 90s? Someone could verify this one, I could be wrong though.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats right Vee. A good little unit. A great ride to see here. With a twin cab box truck, could have a number of things. Superloops, id never heard of a tornado being here before
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Thanks TopGunner14, I may be thinking of some other ride. Tornado does look fun for a family especially with the seating arrangement. I'd personally love to see a Chance Wipeout. I rode the UFO a couple weeks ago (a Chance Trabant, almost identical) and it was a great family ride with a heap of air time too.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No probs Superloops. I'll post a pic of tornado in action just to give u a look of how it works. Looks like a real fun ride. Cause u can spin the seats as fast as u want :!: 8)