Coaster

Scenicworld Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
Paulie123

Coaster

Post by Paulie123 »

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any info on the rocker coaster thing at the blue mountains. looks terrific but havent heard anything about anyone riding it and havnt seen any pictures or videos of it in operation? any info at all?
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Hey Paulie. The roller coaster is called the 'Orphan Rocker'. It was an inhouse built coaster, which I believe, has never opened to the public for operation - something to do with safety. However, it is rumoured that people have had the chance of riding it before.

I have photos and information on the coaster which I am using on the other half of the AAF site, once I get around to finishing it (yeah yeah I know it has been ages since that side of the site has been up and running).

In discussions I have had with Scenic World in the past, they mention that they are undertaking works on the coaster and getting it ready for operation, but they have been saying that for over 8 years now.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

thanks for the info. it looks like a not bad coaster..
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, From what i've been told Phillip Hammond (The designer, builder and owner of Scenic World) and his very close freinds and family are the only ones to have rode the Orphan Rocker before. To be honest I very much doubt if we will ever see it in regular operation.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, it would be great but I couldn't see it operating to the public. But you'd get great views and thrills from overhanging the blue mountains
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

ive never been to the blue mountains so i wouldnt know. but im guessing its good. from pictures it looks pretty awesome.
Funderstruck

Re: Coaster

Post by Funderstruck »

Wish they would hook up and video camera and send it around so we can see what we are missing lol.