2011 Royal Melbourne Show

HUSSRAINBOW

2011 Royal Melbourne Show

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

It's almost show season for Victoria, the Melbourne Show runs from Sept 24 - Oct 4. Who's ready for another craptacular year?

Ride List:

BREAKDANCE
CARNEVIL!
CLIFF HANGER
CRAZY COASTER
EXTREME
F1 EUROSLIDE
FREESTYLE
GRAVITRON
SPACE ROLLER
HANGOVER
HARD ROCK
HOLLYWOOD HORRORS
NO LIMIT
NUMERO UNO DODGEMS
POWER SURGE
ROCK STAR (ALI BABA)
ROCK N ROLL
XXXL
SKY FLYER
TECHNO JUMP
CRAZY CARS
DISK O'
PIRATES REVENGE
SEA CIRCUS
WAVE SWINGER
WACKY WORM

+ KIDS RIDES

Interesting to see OCS got their Wacky Worm on this year, which was by far the most successful kids ride at this years Moomba festival, surely it makes sh** loads more money than Fear!
Very happy to see XXXL back, was worried I wouldn't get to ride it until the regional shows
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: 2011 Royal Melbourne Show

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Space Roller isn't on the website, but is confirmed to be there....
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh no Sky-View, looks to be heading to Perth this year. Yeh few less rides by the looks of things, suprised Space Roller isn't listed. And pretty sure I heard the Jurrassic Coaster got on
benclare

Post by benclare »

A pretty good ride line-up if you ask me but like so many, I'd love to see Rainbow, Turbo, Zipper, Hurricane etc back. I assume Speed, Mega Drop etc are heading west.

I'm a little surprised Fear didn't make it on despite its history in Sydney. I would've thought O'Neill's would have been very keen to get it onto capital shows to see whether problems could be ironed out and of course to get some return from the undoubtedly expensive purchase. Perhaps the RASV disallowed it from operating at RMS?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Maybe they should bring that big HUSS piece down, since they boast about it being their "one of a kind German built" ride
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Give it time Huss. Im sure rainbow will one day make a return. I can't see them letting it go to waste.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

XXXL is advertised on perths 2011 royal shows site as well lol.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

Hardrock wrote:Give it time Huss. Im sure rainbow will one day make a return. I can't see them letting it go to waste.
rainbow will be return asap they waiting for the part shipping from huss germany which are going to repair the lower arm
princess

Post by princess »

Well it might be better to fix Rainbow than trying to get their new ride working. :roll
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

XXXL better do Melbourne, ever since riding it, it's a favorite of mine!
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:XXXL better do Melbourne, ever since riding it, it's a favorite of mine!
I would have to agree with that, it's such a good ride
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

definertly, compact and gives amazing height.... haha who would have thought id love a 1 trailer ride...
PNC

Post by PNC »

be sure to ride extreme HUSS, it is definetly one of my favourites
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oooh definetly, it looks interesting!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It's one of my favorites too... It's one of the few rides that left me feeling slightly dizzy. It did make my legs cramp up a bit as well but far out it's fun! But IMO sitting on the outside seats is much more enjoyable than the inside ones.
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I was just looking at some of the prices and i was surprised to see that rock n roll has a 4 for $20 deal, I never knew they did deals that save you more than $2 :lol: I was also disapointed that the hangover didn't have a $15 unlimited deal because that was a great deal imo.
Edit:
I was also just looking at showbags and i found a $10,000.00 showbag! It is valued at $15,289.00.
http://www.royalshow.com.au/showbags-de ... wbagID=955
benclare

Post by benclare »

Has anyone been down to the grounds lately? I'm sure all rides would be just about set up for the opening this Saturday. Have a good time all who are going!
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I'll be going a few times will try out extreme for sure. Not exactly sure when im going as yet though. Cant Wait!
benclare

Post by benclare »

I do hope Crazy Coaster makes it on after the truck accident just after the Ekka.

Can't wait for the reviews!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Went past briefly the other night, Crazy Coaster is indeed there, same spot... couldn't see too much in the dark.... XXXL is in a slightly different spot, kinda where Sky Flyer was last year facing Flemington.... Couldn't really see Space Roller so unless they've moved it somewhere else... or possibility that it was too dark haha... going Sunday most likely for my first time
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

How good is Extreme? Is it scary or is it fun? I would like to try it when it hits RES 2012, waiting to try out more rides like XXXL and Speed. No show for Rainbow yet, ah well, hopefully by this summer or around next year it would come back. OCS must still be proud of FEAR to get Rainbow finally back on. Oh, but what's this? FEAR and Ali Baba aren't on the ride lineup? There must be some hope then... :D
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Went to the show today rode a few rides but didnt get any photos. Was a decent crowd but not many people riding at all. Tried Extreme for the first time and I loved it. I didnt think it would be as fast as it was, it was really good! Only downside tho it hurts your shoulders upside down and top speed. Rockstar looked ok, didnt really appeal to me probs would have looked better at night. Seemed to run very fast compared to the usual Ali Baba that is there. One thing that I thought was odd, was that all the lapbars didnt have any upholstery over the lower part of the restraint, just didnt look right. Had a great day and will most likely be back there this year
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Got a video of Rock Star tonight, very impressive theme for an Ali Baba.... A.R.M probably shouldn't have done the backdrop, it's very amateur looking.... the decking I must say is ridiculous, soo shiny and new.
Will upload video and some photos soon
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Oh, so there's a themed Ali Baba named Rockstar. Well, fair enough. Still waiting for Rainbow to make its comeback sooner or later. Hurts the shoulders upsidedown, eh? That's what some riders say about Sky Walker too, but I didn't experience any discomfort on the shoulders or the, uh, during my ride on Sky Walker back in the RES.
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

talked to my friend yesterday who owns rainbow will be back on easter show 2012 maybe ocs fun summer carnival or fisher ghost carnival who knows also he wish rainbow to run in melbourne show but the organiser of melbourne show doesnt want the rainbow. who is fan of rainbow should make a protest to bring the rainbow to melbourne show next year and every capital show too...