Ekka Work 2013

Ekkafan03

Ekka Work 2013

Post by Ekkafan03 »

I am looking at volunteer work at Ekka for a ride this year :)

I know I can't operate but I am up for harness checking or cash box !

Any ride would do, I would love to work on Extreme but doubt it :)

I am 16 and can do all weekends and public holidays and maybe friday nights :)

Would do you all think? Would I have any luck?
Hurricane

Re: Ekka Work 2013

Post by Hurricane »

Honestly... most showies would want someone that's available every day of the show mostly for training purposes. Also, considering your only 16 you most likely would get work on a joint over a ride. If your really wanting work at EKKA I'd suggest contacting TPA Shows directly. If you want their number PM me and i'll provide it for you.

You might get lucky and get some work on one of the rides but I honestly wouldn't expect it straight away :)
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

sorry mate lots of owners doesn't want new person who is aged 16 to work big capital shows unless is experience will get in so best start to work small show area first to get resume then everyone will know who you are in future to get job easy way but they might have job for you to work on kids rides
if the wittingslow on present day will get you job straight away while you are new! they are big business in south world and always get new people around start from aged 15 ;)
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Long time poster here,

In regards to work for the Brisbane Ekka,I would also love to find out the right appropriate numbers and contact for a ride assistant or operator, I have just over a years experience operating family rides but want to take a bigger challenge operating one of the main sideshow attractions.

Willing to work for the whole week, even travel to Brisbane for the duration of the Ekka.

Any useful information would be appreciated.

Cheers
Thrillseeker08
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013