Luna Park

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
scorpionSA

Luna Park

Post by scorpionSA »

Will be in Sydney in May - just wondering if people consider Luna Park worth visiting?
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Hey. Yeah Lunapark is pretty fun. But it would be better if you were visiting during the holidays because the extra rides would be there. But yeah you should go. UFO is definately worth it. And ranger, spider, rotor, tumble bug, wild mouse, tango train and coney island. HEY. I WANNA GO TO LUNAPARK NOW!! haha, now i think about it, yeah lunaparks pretty awesome!! :)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

ScorpionSA, you would be silly NOT to visit Luna Park during your Sydney visit as it is a unique park (rich with history) and you can't get any better in location than where it sits.

The Coney Island fun-house alone is worth going for if you are interested in amusement park nostalgia (artwork, historic attractions) While on the topic, if you do visit, I strongly recommend you go to the gift shop, grab a copy of Sam Marshall's Luna Park book, the DVD doco or both. Both of these items are packed full of info, and can only be bought at Sydney's Luna Park itself.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

just a quick question....

has ranger been moved? probably not
princess

Post by princess »

Ranger was operating from the rear of Luna Park on Saturday Night.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

hey thanks for the replies!
i didn't expect such a strong response lol.
will def look in2 it - have read some unfavourable thoughts about it on here before so was just wondering. the book sounds very interesting
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Any unfavourable sentiment is mostly related to the lack of change to the park since its 1995 re-opening. With this aside, it is a quality park – well kept and presented with a view that cannot be beat (perhaps with exception of Melbourne’s Luna Park, depending whether your bias is as a Melbournian or Sydneysider). Like most Australian parks, its atmosphere is highly dependant on the number of people in it.

As for the rides, many are unique and one-of-a-kind to Australia. E.g. HUSS UFO, Ranger and Troika. With free admission and easy access via a harbour ferrry, it is not to be missed.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep definitely call into LPS and get a picture of yourself underneath the face with the Harbour Bridge in the background.

The best rides in my oppinion are Ferris Wheel, Wild Mouse, Ranger and UFO but don't expect a long ride on any of these. The Giant Slide inside Cony Island is also good and is very fast with a hump in the middle that takes you by surprise as you slide down. :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

The lighting on the ferris wheel on Saturday nightl, were going off, for Luna Park anyway, still nothing like Durkins, but looked much better than normal, only coloured lights.