Ipswich Show 2009

Hurricane

Ipswich Show 2009

Post by Hurricane »

The Ipswich show is on once again next Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Brisbane's Western suburbs. I will be trying to get a ride list in the next few days, but it will be featuring most of March's Gear including Hurricane and Skywalker. The show has also in the past featured rides like Speed, Energy Storm as well as Cyber Party.

The show runs from 9am - 9pm each day and ticket prices are 13 dollars for adults or 11 dollars for children. The showgrounds are located at 81 Warwick Drive Ispwich, approx 2km from the City Center. There will be trains running to Ipswich station frequently as well as shuttle buses to and from the grounds. I will be attending the show on Thursday with a friend from work. So if anyone wants to catch up send me a PM.
Top Gunner14

Re: Ipswich Show 2009

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Should be a good lineup. Will we see any photos or review?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yes, you should be seeing all of the above :)
redhot

Post by redhot »

Hurricane wrote:Yes, you should be seeing all of the above :)
Look forward to seeing that Hurricane.
13 bucks for entry, sounds pretty reasonable IMO! :)
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Force10

Post by Force10 »

I'm definetly gunna try and make it out there on the saturday I will be sure to grab some pics too if I do. Ipswhich is pretty much the first show on the qld coast run. The line up should be ok but I beleive more rides join the run as it goes up the coast...? Can anyone confirm this?
princess

Post by princess »

More rides will move up the coast after Hawkesbury, and Dubbo, Rockhampton is usually the first major country show on the north run, with others heading to Darwin.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Thanks princess I thought than was the case
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I have just been informed that March's Gear will NOT be present at Ipswich show this year as they are currently in Grafton.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think Speed and Energy Storm won't be there either. They might be at the Bathurst Supershow or on their way to Dubbo. Or maybe Grafton too
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Hmm that's really disappointing to hear. I was really looking foward to riding march's hurricane again. Oh does energy strom usually do ipswich? Davis only ever use to bring alpine up the east coast show circut. Its been years since i've been to a regional show. Does anyone know what will be there? Cus I'm wondering if I should make the effort or save my money for the ekka?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

March's Hurricane will be at the Greek festival on the 23rd and 24th of May at Musgrave Park. Speed should be there too hopefully, along with Energy Storm. Now that a heap of rides are not showing up, i'm not 100% if I will bother going now.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

After main ipswich public holliday on thursday has any one been or do they have a rides list?? i no that hard rock is there and i think there is dodgems but what else is there
does any one no????
cheers katie
Force10

Post by Force10 »

I will give a live update from the show grounds today, I know it's the last day and all but will take note for the record.. Please to here hard rock will be there.. Such a fun ride!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh thats good to have there, any photos Force10?
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

cant wait to hear the live update and a review from the show hope u have a great day :D
cheers katie
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Live update.. Arrived at grounds only majors power surge, cyber party, hard rock and flash dance. Sea circus is also here and ghost pirates. On wheel and two dogem tracks!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats pretty good. Ah yeh was told Power Surge would make its way up to Queensland soon. Power Surge I think will be doing a heap of shows on the Lower run this year, well more than last year.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Just a quick review, first ride I jumped on was hard rock. Could fast cycle, which was great considering there was only three of us on it! Next up was cyber party! Had to wait a long time for riders to get on. But was worth it. One of the guys from power surge jumed on and I new I was in for a good one! Long hard and fast cycle, over and above lauries breakdance! The raising up of the gondalas made for an interesting ride sensation.the ride could do with a bit of a touch up. If it was presented as well as lauries breakdance there would be nothing to fault it on!(next show for it will be boonah) I jumped on the power surge next, this ride is in fantastic shape joylands really do take great care of there equipment! Good cycle and rider interaction! They will be at this years ekka! The last ride for me was flash dance, well unfortunatley it was the worse experience I have ever had on a ride! I waited too long for the ride to start, riders were stuffing around taking forever to orgainse their tickets. The ride was loaded incorrectly (all riders were on one side behind each other) and felt rough an unbalanced. Mid way through the cycle the ride was stopped to remove a kid. After his mother stuck her head in the operators box( selling chants orignal ticket box was a mistake I think). Overall I was told this was an excellent turn out of rides and is now back to it's original glory. The amuesment operators should be congratulated for supporting a good little show! ( I hve photos but they were taken with iPhone so are the best, will try and upload them when I get home).
Last edited by Force10 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks Force 10, good to have you back and posting heaps :D
Force10

Post by Force10 »

I have given my review too early.. It it's going nuts right now here in side show alley! Most of the rides are running full which is good since it was slow all afternoon. I'm riding everything again!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review thanks mate. Yeh I and alot of others definately prefer the original control/ticket booth of the Flashdance. It was basically part of the ride but Justin said it took alot of men to move/setup, think he said 4 men. Yeh Power Surge is always a goodie and I really wanna try Cyber Party, sounds great. Might have to get to Fisher's Ghost this year. Looking forward to a few photos of the gear
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

The Flashdance / Explorer is an interesting ride, in that the drives are powerful enough to run it without it being balanced. Many a time I've seen the Luna Park one running with half a side full and half a side empty, and it still runs its cycle with no noticeable difference. (long term it is not good for the bearings though!)
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Oh really, I did not know that zamperla. Yes I couldn't imagine it would be any good for the ride. I knew explorer long before it was rethemed flashdance, an have to say it's no where near as smooth as it use to be. Bearings are expensive to replace, my brother is a fitter and turner. Riding rides with him is always interesting. I may have been a little harsh earlier in my review of flash dance. It was more the other riders that ruined the overall experience.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

I thought the lineup would be bigger, but with the return of the guild at Bathurst would interfer with this show.

Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh true, a few showmen would've not travelled all the way up to Qld and gone from Hawkesbury or Sydney, to the Supershow, Orange, Wellington and then Dubbo show which is next weekend which is a pretty big turnout.