Thunderbolt
5%
Eureka Mountain Mine Train
10%
Tower of Terror
55%
Cyclone
15%
Runaway Raptor Roller Coaster (Opening Boxing Day 02)
15%

Total votes: 20

Mattie
Super Administrator

The Best Roller Coaster at Dreamworld

Post by Mattie »

Vote for the Best Roller Coaster at Dreamworld
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Sidius

Post by Sidius »

For me its Tower of Terror. Although Giant Drop is the scariest ride I've ever been on, ToT provides a little more excitement. I used to love the Thunderbolt but now its like being in a washing machine. I haven't been on Cyclone yet (wouldn't expect much), and the mine train is such an old favourite, but not in the same league as the others.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I have to agree there... the ToT is truly world-class and unique. I had NEVER experienced such an adrenaline rush as I did when I first rode it... the acceleration is an amazing sensation. It might be the shortest ride at dreamworld... but in my opinion, it's definately the BEST! and worth every bit of what it cost the park to build it. This ride alone, is reason enough for me to return to Dreamworld again and again. Am looking forward to the new Runaway Raptor... it might not pack a punch like the ToT, but even family coasters can be a LOT of fun, as I discovered when riding the one at Warner Bros. Movieworld with Matt. :)
benclare

Post by benclare »

Definitely the TT. It's even better than the Drop Zone rides I went on in the States and that's saying something. I can't wait to get my friends from America here to ride it!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

tot rulessssss i love the sound
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sorry guys for bringing up an old topic but i realised i hadn't voted and i have 2 say the runaway reptar is the best because i don't like the scary rides that go upside down the mine ride was also close
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

um, you say you dont like scary rides that go upside down yet in many of your posts and other places, I see 'Claw rox!!!' :shock: :shock:

whatever, anyway, I vote for Tower of Terror, because I thought it was probably the best ride I've ever been on, yeah, it beats the Claw down hard, regardless Claw is still good but... Tower of Terror is the best. My only complaint is the line up, but the day I went the line up wasn't half as long as that for the Cyclone (first few weeks or so it was opened, I had expected the lines to have died down...)...

TOT is still good though, and on another TOT note, on all the sites I see the acceleration measured from 0-160 (100 mph)kph, but never to the 100kph mark, I'd love to know how fast it gets to 100kph so I could measure the acceleration with some cars and crap, like Lamborghinis and Ferraris (you know, 3-4 seconds)
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
extreem ride fanatic

Post by extreem ride fanatic »

i love the tot and the bolt was one of the best but i must admit i have a thing for the eureka mine ride it was the first roller coaster i ever went on and i still go on it cos after so many years they still maintained the quality of the dark coaster and even revamped it with animitronics and lighting i remember the ol days where it was just a recording of water dripping and noises of an abandond mine still one of the best coasters in the park and i hope they keep it going for as long as they can any one know what company dreamworld commissioned to make the mine ride ?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I will never forget my first ride on Eureka Mine, I was lining up, expecting some semi-thrilling, Disney type attraction... but what I got was something totally different - that ride really does throw you around. I love it - it's possibly one of the best of its type, simply because it does give you a true feeling of 'out of control momentum' - nothing as assuring as MW's Scooby Doo.

The lateral G's on Eureka mine are great - you really get slung to the edges.

The history of this ride is quite interesting, it was one of only 2 rollercoasters designed and manufacturerd completely in Australia, and was originally built to boost dwindling attendance at DW during Expo 88. (you can read more about it in the AFF Dreamworld section)

What are other people's thoughts on this ride?
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

It was alright, I went on a real stuffy day, so it was hot, really hot, but the cool Japanese tourists in front of us were pretty funny, and they took away some of the annoyances of the heat, and they came back terrified. I liked it, but I dont remember all that much, the thing I remember most is thinking, if a fire broke out, it looked like it could go up in flames...
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
Slick

Post by Slick »

Well haven't posted here for a while eh?

Anyway, The Tower Of Terror does about 120k/ph in two seconds and hit 160k/ph in the other 5 seconds.

Currently my record stands at 79 rides on TOT this year.

If you were to equate this up (which I did) and add my GD rides in also, I would have just over 12 minutes worth of weightlessness. :lol:
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

CRAP!!! Thats hella fast, no wonder it felt like I was going so god damn fast.

Pffft, no Lamborghini can compare to that!

I'd love to know bout the Top Thrill Dragster, although I imagine it'd be roughly the same...roughly