Zamperla
Administrator

Dreamworld on the economic ride of its life - New Ride

Post by Zamperla »

Dreamworld on the economic ride of its life

By Melissa Maugeri

July 05, 2007 06:00am
The Daily Telegraph

MACQUARIE Leisure Trust Group's Dreamworld is preparing to launch a new style of "coaster" ride and hopes to have it ready in time for the September school holidays.

The theme park's owner has been working with an overseas manufacturer to develop a new ride which appeals to a wide age group.

Dreamworld and its neighbouring park WhiteWater World were yesterday revalued up 22 per cent to $350 million on the back of improved visitor numbers.

Group chief executive Greg Shaw said the significant gain reflected the strength of the underlying businesses and their positioning in the market.

Strong population growth had boosted the parks' performance, with about 80 per cent of customers from the domestic market.

Final details of the new ride are being kept secret but tracks for the ride are visible in the park.

Dreamworld CEO Stephen Gregg said the new ride was innovative and would have wide appeal.
PNC

Post by PNC »

this is the motorbike coaster right, the intamin one or something
PNC

Post by PNC »

sorry, i meant vekoma

ive spent to much time at WnW looking at the halfpipe
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The motorbike coaster (Built by Intamin, not Vekoma) Will be located where the old vintage cars are, With the cars re-located between the wildlife park and the Log Ride. The track is yellow. With the September deadline that is rumored, I don't have much hope for extensive theming (once again) Once I get my Dreamworld year pass again, I will try and get some photos.
PNC

Post by PNC »

so i was right the first time OOPS
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hey, it's OK :P Considering Intamin hasn't made one of these yet, and It's mostly Vekoma or Zierer that makes them, So it's all good :D
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Hey guys, I headed out to Dreamworld today to get a construction update.

The park was pretty busy today, then again, it was school holidays. The rides were not doing too well though. Stingray was closed, the Rapids ride was closed, the Train was closed and the Tower of Terror was experiencing difficulties and was opening and closing all day.

The Avis Vintage cars have been re-instated behind the Wildlife Park. It looks good where its located, but I dont think many people knew it was there as it was hidden away. They have built a bridge over the lagoon behind the Log Ride, which you need to cross to get the Vintage cars. Is this just the beginning for the park expanding out to new land?

Track has started to be erected for the new coaster. I took a number of photos to keep you guys updated. They can be found at http://www.australianamusementfanatics. ... n_2007.htm

Thats about it for now.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics