New Ride - Spongebob Square Pants

Dreamworld, Queensland, Australia
Mattie
Super Administrator

New Ride - Spongebob Square Pants

Post by Mattie »

Hey everyone. I took a trip out to Dreamworld today and they had a new ride installed ready to go in Nick Central themed around Spongebob Square Pants.

The ride will be opening on 20 June 2008 and is a lie down ride similar to Cliff Hanger which travels the show circuit. I doubt it will be too intense seeing it is in a kid area.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
benclare

Post by benclare »

Interesting! Is the ride an actual modified Dartron Cliff Hanger or is it manufactured elseware? You're probably right about it not being too thrilling on account of its theming and where it's located within the park. We're in desperate need of a new coaster or thrilling flat ride. At least we'll get something new with Bob Lawrence's new looping travelling coaster which I will test out in Adelaide this September.

It has been ages since I've been to DW; a trip back to the Gold Coast is well overdue for me I think!
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

We would be happy to have you up here in QLD Benclare.

I have a feeling this will be the only ride DW will be adding this year. Then something big will be added in 2009.

The ride line for TOT was travelling really slow and one of the seats were out of action.

Ohh by the way, Jase wanted me to mention how bad the food has gotten in DW. Most food is only available in a meal format (with chips and a drink), so if you are after just a burger you will be dissapointed. The food is often cold and not worth the price. It is terribly dissapointing to how they used to run the park especially with the lack of options and variety.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
PNC

Post by PNC »

Zamperla make a kite flyer ride, its like the samba balloon ride that travells, great kids ride
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yeah, I was thinking it may be a Zamperla Kite-Flyer. I think a Datron Cliff-Hanger is designed more as a travelling ride.

Here is the Kite-Flyer:

Certainly nothing to get too excited about, as far as a Dreamworld investment goes.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Saw some ads during the week, the ride is definately a Zamperla Kite Flyer. Has anyone ever tried one, are they better than the Dartron Cliffhanger?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

They are slow and uncomfortable... just like rocks.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, ill still try it if I go there