Oh boy

Dreamworld, Queensland, Australia
Paulie123

Oh boy

Post by Paulie123 »

hey everyone. i was wondering what the crouds are like in january. im going to dreamworld, movieworld, sea world and wet n wild in january, the first week school goes back. what do you think the crouds will be like?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Busy, Expect waits of up to 90 minutes on rides like Cyclone, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop and Motocoaster. And around 30 - 40 minutes for Wipeout and Claw. Sea World you can expect waits of around 20 minutes for Corkscrew, 10 - 15 for Pirate. And around 45mins to a hour for Bermuda Triangle.

As for Movie World, all there rides should be running 2 trains so approx 20 - 30 mins for Superman: Escape. 45 mins for Lethal Weapon. 1 Hour for Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster, Batwing Spaceshot should be around 30mins to a hour and around the same for the Batman Adventure.

Wet n Wild is just scary in the summer months, however I suggest heading there in the afternoon (5pm onwards) as the park starts to clear out and most people sit and watch the movie, hence leaving the slide queues short. However SurfRider closes at the start of the movie. During normal hours for SurfRider the queues should be anywhere between 15 minutes to 45 minutes.

I hope this answers your question.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

youve gotta be kidding!

but its the first week back at school, shouldnt everyone be back?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Thats only QLD schools that will be back, NSW, VIC, ACT etc. are still on holidays... it will be busy until mid Febuary. And with those stats i'm going off the daily attendance from Peak Season last year (when we had decent weather i might add...) As I previously worked for WVTP.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

im going from the 26th of Jan till the 2nd of Feb. all schools are back. i just checked in the travel book.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... then its VERY unpredictable... so i'd just budget for a average of 45 min waits for most of the big rides at the parks... just so you aren't dissapointed.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

yeah, i suppose ill find out when i get there.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, it's hard to predict what the crowds will be like... but it still should be quite busy.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

i hate crouds, cant stand waiting in lines for rides than more than 10 minutes! most i have ever waited in 30 mins and that was for Superman Escpae in Six Flags Magic Mountain. (TOT's clone)

wasnt worth it. i mean, it was a great ride! but no ride is worth more than 15 i recon.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hhmm, have fun with the crowds Lol
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

gee, thanks topgun! :lol:
ehh. if it is really bad theres not a chance of me standing in line.
spend the week at the mantra! phht. well thats a shame.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, just relax in the sun by a pool or on the beach Lol
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

well mantra has 2 awesome waterslides! so ill still have fun! haha. and with the vomatron and slingshot next door, its gotta be all good.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Sounds like a dream holiday Paulie; can I come? :lol:

One other thing about going to the theme parks just after the holidays is that rides generally get closed for maintenance which can last for a week or more. These closures don't affect the entire park but sometimes up to three or four thrill rides can be closed at one time. A good idea may be to phone ahead so you can decide whether it's worthwhile going to a particular park if your favourite rides aren't running. Remember the admission price doesn't go down because some rides aren't working!

As for queueing up at Magic Mountain in the States, all I can say is come with me next time as I was able to do the Disney parks in less than four hours as I was able to jump the queue and it's the same for Six Flags! It was exhausting as I had just flown from Sydney that day but definitely worth it! :)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The parks will NEVER have more than one of the major rides down at any one time unless they can help it. It would just be stupid to do that.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, only during nonpeak times they'll schedule the rides be shut for maintanence checks etc. They're usually only closed if they breakdown or something else.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

yea the rides can be a bit of a pain to wait for but if its the week after school goes back and ive noticed that u live in n.s.w. then the lines up shouldn't be too bad if the park is busy then we usually have an extra train on the cyclone and both sides of G.D. will be open and the tower of terror will let threw 2 car loads at a time and with the ride only lasting 27seconds then id imagine that the delays will be less. but as general rule mid week is usually slower than the weekends.

hoe this helps
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

2 Trains? Which of there coasters have 2 trains? I know that Reptar and Cyclone has 1 train only... and Motocoaster runs 2 trains but very inefficently. And it's not so much the staffs fault, it is just a poorly designed ride.

Giant Drop is also much in the same boat as far as inefficieny goes because of the rediculous waits at the top of the ride. I for one stay WELL CLEAR of the parks during the holidays :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, definately, how can 2 loads of TOT go through and the other coasters?
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

its called double loading u have 1 load on the ride and as they are almost off the other ride is ready to get on i thought that was plainly obvious. they always let 2 loads threw on TOT when its busy. and i think i was referring to MDMC. the efficiency depends on a no of facts. again its plainly obvious the WIPE OUT also tunnel loads if there is enough people to do it.
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I thought you meant the Cyclone had 2 trains. Not that you were referring to moving 2 groups of riders through to the boarding area at one time. It just wasn't made very clear. But yeah, Tower loads either two or sometimes even 3 groups at a time.

Also for a breif period the Claw did also load a group into the bagage holding area while the other ride was going like the Wipeout.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, sorry Kate, I sounded a bit dumb, now I understand what you mean.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

kate, do you work at the parks??
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

yea i work at one of the theme parks and have previously worked for other theme parks on the g.c.
cheers katie
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Oh sounds awesome. Can't wait till I'm 18. Then I can work on the amusement scene :)