New Attraction - V8 Supercars RedLine

Dreamworld, Queensland, Australia
Mattie
Super Administrator

New Attraction - V8 Supercars RedLine

Post by Mattie »

I don't know if everyone is aware, but Dreamworld is opening a new attraction on 17 December 2008. Partnering with V8 Supercars Australia, Dreamworld will be bringing the first full-motion virtual V8 Supercars experience to the country. The new attraction will be located in Ocean Parade to the right of the Cylcone entrance and will be pay for play. At this stage Dreamworld is anticipating a $10 charge per ride.

A website and blog has been created by the park in honour of the new attraction http://v8supercars.dreamworld.com.au/. Last week, not long after the blog was started, a lot of negative criticism was received via the blog ( http://v8supercars.dreamworld.com.au/in ... ttraction/ ) about the new attraction and the park in general.

A leading factor of this criticism was due to Ally, the parks' Public Relations Executive, stated a reason why the attraction was being added was... "Can you imagine how boring it would be if Dreamworld was filled merely with roller coasters and the only difference between them was that some were blue and the others pink? Yep, that’s what I thought…BORING! (But pretty)". You could imagine that die hard thrill seekers did not take to this very well.

After this blogging episode, Dreamworld have now added "Posting Rules" on what can and cant be said. I am surprised they did not remove all the negative posts to date.

I am interested in finding out what all your thoughts are on the ride, on Dreamworld and on what has been said in the blogs. My feelings are on the same line as those in the blog.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Top Gunner14

Re: New Attraction - V8 Supercars RedLine

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think its an ok ride to add to the park. So its a virtual simulator that you can drive? It seems ok but I would think Dreamworld could've added a better attraction to the aprk instead of a simulator. Thanks for the info Mattie

Cheers
Top Gunner14
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

are you trying to say mattie you want to go all jihad on these forums and make all these rules?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

ROFL
after reading the blog what did the ditzy female expect from her comments. so much gold in there. Atleast they let people have a say on what they actually thought of it. Alot of people on there know what they are talking about. Makes the ditzy look stupid.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I have several views on this new attraction. Thank goodness Stephen Gregg is leaving Dreamworld as CEO at the end of the year! We might not see any more of these stupid Upcharge attractions. The money could have been much better spent on fixing things that are currently broken. IE Eureka Mountain. And why they are placing it in OCEAN PARADE is beyond me. That area is allready crowded enough with Claw, Wipeout, Cyclone and FlowRider. We don't need anything else down at that end. There is a perfectly good racing themed area that destroyed one of the few picturesque area's of the park. So why they aren't putting it there is just stupid IMO.

What Dreamworld needs to do is spend their money on fixing up things and saving up for something DECENT. Hopefully a ride that has a decent capacity and offers Thrillseekers what they want. I'd personally hope for a new Coaster but with Mick Doohan only a new ride still I don't see that happening in the next year or 2 at least. So why not a decent flat ride, it could go in GoldRush country as there is only 1 thing to do there really. It should go where the Skyway station is (Anyone know why that is still there?!) As far as capacity goes, it should be able to hold at LEAST 24 people and go for 2 minutes minimum so people don't feel like they have wasted there time lining up.

It shouldn't nessacarily go upside down, but as long as it appeals to a wide audience and isn't tamed down to buggery it will be well accepted. Several rides that could fit the bill for what dreamworld should be looking for are as follows.

HUSS Rodeo
HUSS Condor
TIVOLI Orbitor
KMG Tango
MONDIAL Top Scan

So to summarise what Dreamworld REALLY needs in a ride:

High Capacity
Thrilling
Well Presented
Reliable
Fits into the Enviroment.

NOT some cheap upcharge attraction.
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

guys, Theme parks in Aus are not built for 'hardcore thrill seekers' they are all family orientated parks with some thrill rides...
A large percentage of Aussies follow the v8's so why not try and attract both the v8 followers aswell as families/thrill seekeers
who 'might' give it a go and like it...
I'm sure this attraction didn't bite into any budgets for future large attractions, so good on them for giving it a crack.
Hope it works out, if it doesn't, surely it won't affect much in the long run for dreamworld?? Good luck..
"Slingshot , Engage"
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

ooh, i forgot... I don't agree with charging per ride for it... Like everyone else...
"Slingshot , Engage"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I know that the parks aren't just for Thrillseekers. Hence why I suggested a Huss Condor or Rodeo as a suitable ride because it's thrilling but not enough to scare littler kids (8 or 9 year olds) I just couldn't think of any more Family Thrill rides off the top of my head that Dreamworld doesn't allready have that has a high capacity. And yes... them charging extra for the ride is just stupid.
princess

Post by princess »

Stupid arrogance, typical marketing people, (air head), wonder where she came from, I bet straight from college, sounds like no experience in this field at all, imo, when will people understand that to put people in these positions that they need passion and understanding.

As for trying to stop people saying what they want is just wrong, this is what makes AAF so good, other than having respect for other people opinions, we have the freedom to voice our concerns and opinions, sounds to me like DW is in danger of a downward spiral, they have lost sight of the what is important and are just taking advantage their past, no maintenance makes a park look pathetic and sad eventually. Zamperla has some interesting photos of a Park that had no maintenance taken while he was OS.

Rule number 1, look after your guests, Rule number 2, always refer to rule number 1.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

But she has a nice smile?

her manager was impressed when he hired her.

:lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Lol, Ally from PR does have a nice smile! Also I wouldn't be getting annoyed with Public Relations here, they are just marketing the attraction which is there job. If your going to get annoyed at anyone people, direct your complaints etc to the attractions team :lol:
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Alicia (hereby known as Ally), PR Executive for Dreamworld and WhiteWater World. Just wanted to update you all with what's going on over here at the moment, drumroll please........we're opening a new V8 Supercars attraction this December!
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Alicia Caruana
PR & Communications Executive
Dreamworld & WhiteWater World
P: +61 7 5605 8256
F: +61 7 5588 1108
Email: alicia_caruana@dreamworld.com.au

taken from http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/tp ... C_MediaKit
Last edited by CoinKing on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

never knew alicia could be shorted to ally... you learn something new everyday.
Vee

Post by Vee »

Looks like Clay has a crush :P
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Vee wrote:Looks like Clay has a crush :P
lol wut

just sent her a message on facebook, offered to take her out to Mcdonalds for dinner. Going to buy her a happy meal i will make sure she gets the pink one and i get the blue one.
princess

Post by princess »

Lol, :lol:,

Unfortunately she is the person that is trying to market this ride, very poorly imo
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hey... what else do you expect for a lackluster attraction? The Idea of a blog is a good idea, now we just need something decent to go with it :P
princess

Post by princess »

A better blog would have been good too, though it has given us alot to talk about lol.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Well guys, I am cracking up laughing reading your posts. And Clay, in response to your point, I wont be creating a set of rules up for this Forum. I think everyone already knows its a place for free speech, unless you start bagging someone out.

Why doesnt Dreamworld get more corporate sponsorship to build new attractions? I would also like to know if the State and Federal governments give any funding to theme parks. With the current financial crisis the government may be able to help fund new big attractions and inturn continue to make Australia a tourist destination.

I am with Hurricane. Stop building in the front of the park. Spread the attractions out and therefore spread the crowds out. I know I wont go near the place at Xmas holidays time. With this new attraction being a pay per play, I doubt it will have any relief on the hour plus ques for a ride.

Perhaps Queensland needs a "Thrill Park" that concentrates on this aspect alone. Therefore the die hard fanatics have a place they can go to. I am sorry, but how can Dreamworld promote the Mick Doohan MotoCoaster as one of the top 6 thrill rides. Bring back the Thunderbolt. At least it was thrilling - you didnt know if you were going to pass out on the loops or not.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

wow this so called V* super cars redline has been at the park for a while now and is a waste of the $10.00 U have to pay to get on it.
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Kate, V8 Supercars RedLine is not to be confused with the ones down by the Motocoaster. They are 2 different attractions. The new simulators are on a motion base so they actually move.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

This isn't the only ride of it's type. I saw a ride like this in the coca cola zone at SRES. 10 to ride I think. You sat in the seat and just drove. It might acually be the same one? Boring I think.. I wouldn't pay for it. :D
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

thanks for the info hurri i did have it confused with the 1 down near moto i hope thatn the new 1 is better than the 1 near moto coaster !!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers katie
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I'll let you guys all know on Monday if it's any good or not. Staff Previews come in handy at times :lol: