Anybody Know?

Dreamworld, Queensland, Australia
Will

Anybody Know?

Post by Will »

Hey everyone, just wanted to know what was happening with the land spare from the taking down of the thunderbolt. Does anyone at all have any info about what will be built there! If not, please tell me what you think they will build and how much they will spend on the new attraction!

If u have no idea, be creative... :!: :?
Slick

Post by Slick »

From my intel, I heard that it's gonna be called Lara Croft's butt: the ride.

Basically it's a documentary land about Tomb Raider and how angelina jolie got her lower juggs digitally enhanced for the movie.

Okay, i'm just kidding, about no-one knows.

Currently though, the space is being used for...

a carpark! :D

Radio out.
Will

Post by Will »

You took creativity a long way... :lol: Thanks neway :D
Slick

Post by Slick »

Okay to be honest I've heard alot of things recently from the grapevine.

-function centre (get real)
-waterpark (stupendous idea)
-thrill area (extremely big possibility)

Now, I know a certain person is gonna laugh at this now that he's made a joke out of it, but what I'd like to know is why exactly the Tomb Raider themeing is still there?

New Ride?

Ben "wishes they'd get a friekin' move on" Roach.
Will

Post by Will »

Interesting, however i highly doubt they would invest in another water park, the thrill ride idea is a huge thing that will most prob go ahead in my oppinion! Prob a water ride...?

Who makes all the descisions anyway, like is there a manager or something, i have no idea so post back and tell all...!

Thanx
Slick

Post by Slick »

Basically most decisions are made by the CEO of Dreamworld, Stephen Gregg, and is influenced by a board of directors and other such people like the head engineer, Bob Tan.

Bob certainly knows what needs to be done, so I'm gonna put some faith into his decision this time round and hope for the best, he's already done it heeps of times! 8)

I also agree that having a waterpark there is a stupid Idea. Everyone, give up with the waterpark idea NOW! You all want a B&M flyer or something like that I guess, so stop whining about a bloody water park.

Ben "thinks two waterparks is just for noobs" Roach.
Will

Post by Will »

LOL, totally agree! (waterpark) Engineers usually do have the best ideas as they are constantly updated with new thrills that are being built around the globe! I would love to be the CEO! LOL

Thanks for the update neway, seems no one else wants to post in our convo...i mean come on!!!

:lol:
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

So is this a private forum between you two boys or can anyone join in?

Dreamworld has some major plans for the future and the Thunderbolt gravesite plays a major part in this. At this point of time I am not at liberty to share what information I have. However, I say around Easter Time you will be seeing deffinite movement in that area (as in construction movement).

I guess Tomb Raider themeing is still there as if they tore it down the area will be completely dead. They have closed down the shooting gallery also within the area. Gum Tree Gully is pretty useless at this point of time. You have the Paddlesteamer that takes a 30min journey. No show, no nothing. I do not know what they can do with this area.

Perhaps rebuild a Kennyland with the really small kiddy rides, however, they may have signed a contact with Nickelodeon stating that no other kids area will exist.

Perhaps make it into a "Fair" area with travelling type rides. Build them in permanently but make the area look like a side show. They used to have an area called County Fair. Perhaps have a mix of family and thrill travelling rides. Could you imagine going to DW and riding the Zipper and Turbo!! A boy could only wish.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
tom750

Post by tom750 »

hi
i am new on this board and hope to put in some input
the reason i am on is because my family has booked a trip to the goldcoast to go to the themeparks so any advice would be much apprecieated

thanks.

P.S i can't spell and i never use grammer!
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

Wow, that is weird, it has been so long since it has been down and still nothing.. I reakon it will be a really awsome thrill ride! I LOVE THRILL RIDES, LOL!!! :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!: WOO HOO!! (Sorry, I get a lil excited)
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

tom750 I reakon you should go to Dreamworld, Movieworld and Wet'n'Wild

1. Dreamwolrd - 5 thrill rides
2. Movieworld - Superman Escape
3. Wet 'n' Wild - Extreme H2o Zone

There are some reasons to go! Have a good holiday!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

And, Sea World just for fun, and Go on Bermuda triangle, chances are you will see me there :P Just look for the 14 year old with the cam corder :D that goes for any parks lol.

200TH POST!!! WOOOT!!!
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

I was watching Sunrise on channel 7 the other day, and they happened to be at Dreamworld... They said that we could be expecting something new in summer..

Now I know what you are thinking.. The waterpark thing, BUT they said something about a new ride.. Hmmm.. 8)
Slick

Post by Slick »

New attraction for June and a new theme park for December. Hope this helps.
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

Yay!

:shock: 60th post, oh yeah! :lol:
Will

Post by Will »

please tell! come on
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

He probably doesn't know himself.

He might have just heard about a new ride comeing, not knowing what it is..
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

^

Will, he does know! lol
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

Hmmmm.. And where's this proof?

I'm not believeing anyone when they say about a new ride unless they can prove it
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Just... belive me!

Btw, what happend to your whooop for 70th post???
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

:shock: WOO HOO 70th POST! OH YEAH!! :D
Slick

Post by Slick »

I know so because the parks inform me directly. DreamNova.com might not be open just yet, but it doesn't mean I'm not informed.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

ok its kinda still in the subject of n e 1 no but its not n e ways does n e 1 no wat has happened to the old eureka mine carts that used to be at dw i haven seen them in operation in quite some time.? they haven said they were closed 4 maitnence or even just closed it appears there id no rail track up there n e more can n e 1 plz tell me

thanks guys :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The Eureka Mountain Mine Ride is closed until further notice, due to the ride needing new parts. Because of the rides age parts are hard to come across, Dreamworld hasn't stated the Mine Ride is closed permanently at this stage as they are looking for parts as we speak. They don't want to shut the ride down due to it's popularity, but they may not have any choice.

On another note, the "Stingray" in Ocean Parade (Chance Trabant) is also closed until further notice too. I have no idea what is going on with that at this stage. But a source of mine has informed me that Dreamworld is trying to get both rides operational by the Christmas Holidays.

I hope this sheds some light into the matter.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hopefully these rides r bac up and runnin soon