Luna Park

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Mega drop, haunted mansion, roc n tug and crazy cars in maloneys corner and power surge on the midway. Suprised u said how tall u said mega drop is. Its a meter smaller than speed! Will look good when lit up

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

I think Topgunner its because its a fixed tower, but even last night when I was looking at it again, I was, and not only me, the people I was with were also surprised just how tall it looked, it definitely looks into the apartments, I tried to count how many floors up it was, it is at least 5, and that is over the rock backdrop, it is also very close to the apartments, I am wondering if it is an optical illusion, from a distance, it looks taller, (is that stupid), its funny saying how tall it is, after seeing it at other places and never really taking in its height before, I suppose I have not seen it so close to other buildings around it, giving a different perspective.

Still no lights, I am looking forward to seeing it lit.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Will look great with all the lights on. Just the residents of the apartments wont b too impresed. Yes, it does look bigger around all the buildings and when its at the shows, its just nxt 2 all the other rides in an open area

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Last night was my first look at Luna Park with all the summer rides fully operational, again Mega Drop took a towering stand over Luna Park, with one of the best light displays I have ever seen from this iconic spot on the harbour, red and white spinning up the tower during the early evening, with white a purple later in the night, fantastic.

As far as the fireworks were concerned, last nights fire works were the best I have ever seen on the harbour and I have seen a few, please everyone, if there is one thing you must do in your life it is to see the harbour under a cloud of sparkling, colourful, exploding fireworks, the bridge again was the feature, just stunning (cant think of anymore adjectives, lol).

Working on the harbour on Saturday night, I will do my best to remember my camera, and get a close up of Luna Park, just to prove what I have been saying. :lol:

Happy New Year everyone, hope this year is full of love and happiness, for you all.
princess

Post by princess »

as above
Last edited by princess on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

something weird is happening with the posts
Vee

Post by Vee »

princess wrote:something weird is happening with the posts
Millennium Bug
princess

Post by princess »

lol Vee :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... if it is the millenium bug it must mean I'm 1,016 years old :P
princess

Post by princess »

Took some pictures, but was so p----- off, :evil: the camera ran out of batteries right at the best shot, all the others were blurred, or did not give the right perspective, very annoying, I have sent the one and only photo of any value to Zamperla to upload for me, this gives some indication of the lighting of Mega Drop, but does not do it justice, especially of how tall it actually is. :evil:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What a bugger Lol :lol: Dont u hate it when u go to take the best picture and then, the batteries go. I get so angry when that happens :twisted: But hope it was a good night in there 4 u princess.

Also, Luna Park is buying some of Joylands rides. Dont know which ones but i was talking to George Malonas and he was sayin that they r probably going to buy some. LP is still makin their mind up to which ones

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

A pretty good attempt I think Princess (you really need a tripod for long distance night shots, being on a boat would not help)

Click to enlarge
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for that Zamperla, we were not that far away, that is another reason that the perspective is not as good as it really looks, if we had of been a little further into the channel, it would of given a better picture, but we were trying to get as close as possible, which we did, but you know the story.

On the subject of the lighting, look at the Skywheel, this is why I get so disgruntled, this could look absolutely fantastic, but no this is the way it is lit just about all of the time, very boring.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Bit of bad luck princess but good attempt. Theres always another time. Mega drop looks very bright in the back ground
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Princess I recall you saying in a past post that the gold lights on the wheel looked a bit boring, and you'd prefer colour (perhaps they were reading your feedback...)
princess

Post by princess »

I have never been very happy about the lights on the ferris wheel, but when they do put the gold lights on, it does brighten it up considerably, they had the gold lights on, on New Years Eve, alternating with the coloured, the Ferris Wheel at Darling Harbours lighting looks so fantastic, that is just a pity that it is tucked away, so nobody sees it. I would love to know if there is a reason that they have it looking so blah, especially after seeing how fantastic this location looks with rides that look great.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeah the skyviews lights look great and they're so bright. I think they're LEDs. Lookes good lighten up at night
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good descriptions Princess and good to hear you had a good New Year's Eve on the harbour.

LPS has really been pulling in the crouds these school holidays despite the poor weather. The Mega Drop has been a huge boon for the place; I bet it'll return some time in the future.
princess

Post by princess »

Nice to hear from you Ben, was just starting to think, about trying to see if all was ok with you.

:lol: :wink:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes ive heard its been busy too and power surge has been a hit as too. But i dont think it'll b goin to LP nxt xmas, mite b goin to joylands xmas spot.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Hi,
I visited LPS last weekend..it was beautiful weather and the place was pumping!!!
Benclare you are absolutley right- the Megadrop has been a great drawcard for the place and along with the other rides such as the Powersurge, represents great value.
The Prisonbreak Live! was interesting and is a good seasonal drawcard but it didnt entice me me twice after one experience. It does show that LPS can add unique attractions that add to the overall ambience of the place.
I hope its not too long before the Crazy Mouse spinning coaster gets a start at LPS. It would be a surefire hit if it went in for the Xmas holiday period!!
Topgunner, where is this Joyland you are speaking of?? (or are they a travelling company?) And what rides are they looking to purchase???

Cheers
Jobius :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great to hear u had a ball Jobius :!: Yes LP can be great with the other attractions in but during when its school time its not as good. About being crazy coaster there, i dont know if that would happen, its up to the owner to fill out an application form, then LP pick their rides for the peak period.

Joylands are a hire company that operate throughout sydney. They do a handfull of shows with various rides(power surge goes to most majors like syd, perth, adelaide and went to my local show Hawkesbury which we were lucky to have) but they own the power surge, rock n tug and crazy cars that were at LP. Once the holidays are over, then they'll pac them up and get taken out of the park

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Not so sure about Crazy Mouse at LPS - it may detract from the Wild Mouse.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... that was what I was thinking... I Hope to get a ride on Power Surge again soon as it was a great ride.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well hurricane, talks r that joylands arent goin to take it to ekka this year cause of the bad show last year with the flu and everything