LPS xmas lineup

Luna Park Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Paulie123

LPS xmas lineup

Post by Paulie123 »

hey everyone.

do any of yous know or have any guesses as to what might be here this xmas holidays?

im hoping (know it wont happen) but can only hope, for no limit making a surprise visit.

ahh, unlimited rides on NL out over the water. that'd be a awesome day.
Space Roller Freak

Re: LPS xmas lineup

Post by Space Roller Freak »

It would be cool to see No Limit at LPS, i don't think that Speed will be back doin the shows and stuff for a while cuz of its prob at Ballarat.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Speed won't be al LPS over Xmas
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

damn it.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Speed won't be al LPS over Xmas

So what will TopGunner?? You seem to be privy to certain information, so please share what you know.
Traditionally the Xmas school holidays are excellent for extra rides at LPS . In years gone we have had Speed, The Hard Rock, The Power Surge, The Mega Drop to name but a few!! I am hoping for at least 4 big name rides to return this year to LPS to really give the holidays an extra twist!! A really strong ride lineup would encourage good crowds for this annual event.
I would love to see Crazy Mouse be there this year, it would offer 2 coasters for the first time at LPS for years and would be a great drawcard.
Comments?
Cheers
Jobius
princess

Post by princess »

Topgunner has been very quiet of late.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Mega Drop was a good addition. Offered great views out over the harbour.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Roller Freak

Whose ghost train went there, cuz i always thought that a ghost train has never been to LPS.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

I think Haunted Mansion was there last year, I could be wrong, I am sure I will be corrected lol :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Dont expect to see TPA at LPS.

In other news, the only rides they had at Stereosonic was the Numero Uno Dodgems, Twin Flip and Cliffhanger. Such a dissapointment. Even Stereosonic QLD got Sky Walker.
Space Roller Freak

Hey huss, last year i think you mensioned that they had almost all of the TPA gear at Sterosonic. Also i think i remember looking at LPS website and it had Haunted Mansion listed on the ride and games page. Hey huss, does the big day out hav rides?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
princess

Post by princess »

Big Day out in Sydney has rides SRF, think Paviers have their rides there.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

Last year at LPS for the Xmas break they had 4 rides. They included The Mega Drop, The Power Surge,,The Haunted Mansion and The Rockin' Tug for the littlies. Plus they also had a additional attraction in the Prisonbreak LIVE walkthru being based there for a period of 3 months. What a fantastic lineup!! Hopefully this year we will have something to rival it!!
Jobius, we can all only dream that another coaster would go there. Im also dreaming that 4 rides would go. But i really doubt it.
Why ever not?? Please expand on your logic as I dont see where it comes from. The Crazy Mouse is a travelling attraction that could quite easily be accomodated in Maloney's Corner. The only thing stopping it from appearing there would be will and intent from the owner. I do agree that we wont see a permanent 2nd coaster at LPS for many years, if ever!! However there are many smaller coasters out there that could be brought into the park and be quite successful. Check out "Steel Hawg", the new coaster from S&S Power at Indianna Beach in the US. This coaster would be a fantastic permanent addition to LPS and with its small footprint could quite easily be accomodated next to the Tumble bug and in between the Big Top.
Dont expect to see TPA at LPS.
Why ever not?? Please expand or give a reason please!!

Cheers
Jobius
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Lunapark just isnt intrested on really putting new rides in I dont think.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Roller Freak

They would probbly hav Speed there cuz they don't really hav anythin like it in the park. But a queer thing i thought it was earlier this year and one of the holiday attractions was another set of dodgems. Why would LPS need another set of dodgems? Sizzler was there recently too.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

The reason is because lunapark only cares about money. My guess is that the crazy mouse would be expencive. Its not like luanaprk cares about what people would like to see there. Its al about the rides with high capacity, but then again speed only takes 8 at a time so i dont know. But i still doubt it.
Paulie123 you havent actually answered my question. In fact all you have managed to do is contradict yourself.It is ludicrous to say that Crazy Mouse WOULDNT appear at LPS because all the park cares about is money. Of course the park cares about money,it is a business, and as such, its investors expect a return on their investment. In fact if Crazy Mouse were to appear at LPS then it would generate a lot of interest, which of course generates profit which goes straight to the bottom line and money for the company and the investors.So if this is the case, then I am sure that the decision for every ride that appears at the park is one based on which ride would generate the maximum profit for the period of tenure.
Its also a little silly to say that its about rides with high capacity,because as you have correctly noted,Speed has been at LPS and it isnt exactly noted for its great capacity. For the record, Crazy Mouse can handle 900 riders per hour and that would probably be more than what would be needed if it appeared at LPS

In saying that ,Crazy Mouse appearing at LPS is only a pipedream but one which I think would be a popular move by the park.I also maintain that Rainbow would be perfectly suited at LPS as it is a great ride with high visual appeal but also one that could be enjoyed by the entire family!! Huss of course will have a different view entirely but he isnt looking at the bigger picture and is somewhat biased.
Now if only Topgunner would spill his guts then we will be all the wiser as to whats appearing for this Xmas hols!!!

Which brings me to ask the question-what would everyone like to see at LPS this Xmas hols?? Open slather and reasons to back up its inclusion please!!
Cheers
Jobius :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

No, honestly, not being biased about Rainbow, I think they probably have taken that ride into consideration, but look at all the dramas the park has had with Ranger. Even if it was for a short period, it would cause more trouble than being praised for a thrill/family fun ride with a good view.
It's not like Rainbow gets out for Christmas, so no, my opinion towards the ride at LPS is not biased, just don't expect it to be seen there.

Chris.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Sorry ^ Id love to see No Limit at LPS. Dont think Elwin wants to take it there though.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

And who'd you here that off that Elwin doesn't want to take it.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Well it aparently sits in the shed at xmas. So you would think if it was sitting in the shed, he would either not want to take it there, or LPS would not want it there.
Last edited by Paulie123 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

or it could have been Hurricane.. not sure.

but are you saying he'd like to take it? (:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

No one has ever said that Elwin wouldn't take it. No one has said that he would either. We can't read his mind now can we? However considering he takes all his other gear to the Batemans Bay Carnival he would probably use the No Limit crew to run his other rides like Ski Jump, Paratrooper and Wipeout that doesn't do any other shows. Just common sense if you think about it for more than 5 secs.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

1. Crazy Coaster isn't loud... the ride itself is pretty quiet, same with the lifthill chain.
2. Ranger would overpower the noise of the ride anyway, that's classic HUSS engineering.
3. Don't make up assumptions as to if an owner wants to take a ride somewhere or not, you aren't his personal advisor.
4. Here is the ride list for LPS: Summer 09:
- Huss Flipper
- Huss Pirate
- Huss Top Spin
- Chance Turbo
- Mondial Capriolo
- Maurer & Sohne Power Tower
- Schwarzkopf Olympia Looping
So there you have it.

HOW OFFICIAL IS THAT!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sounds like a rather good lineup Huss! Maybe we might get a few suprise rides as well... I'm hoping to see EuroStar (Inverted RollerCoaster) and a Mondial Shake as well! It's good to finally have an official lineup :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh heaps good lineup. Thanks for letting us know Huss lol. Yeh Crazy Coaster is real quiet so I don't know why you're saying that its loud. And the residents already hear all the screaming from the Ranger, Spider so it wouldn't really matter. Its just Pickert's obviously don't want to take it and I'm sure LPS wouldn't take it because they already have the Wild Mouse there and the park really doesn't need 2 of the similar types of coasters. But I wouldn't see a problem if Tiapan went there which I know won't go there either. And Crazy Coaster is busy doing shows and other events anyway