The Reason Downunderland is Closed

Downunderland Amusement Park, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Hurricane

The Reason Downunderland is Closed

Post by Hurricane »

lots and lots of people have told me the reason Downunderland is shut is because the land costs too much in rent and the rides are packed up until they can find some bigger land and i was talking to the manager and he said when the new land is found mad mouse will be sold and replaced with a new rollercoaster a Mack Wild Mouse would be cool and enterprise should be running!! and there are gonna be a heap of new rides i told him about Vekoma, Intamin, Zamperla and Moser and he said he will check out the sites! So all we can do is wait! checked out enterprise and on the arm it has a huss badge! but the cars look remarkably like the reef diver ones but my camera is still being repaired! whats wrong with it i don't know!
Last edited by Hurricane on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I have a feeling, if Matt's theory is correct (which I've always argued with him) that the enterprise there may actually be the one that Dreamworld had replaced.

I always thought it was the same one just refurbished.
Last edited by Zamperla on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I remember the old enterprise arm at dreamworld and it is the same one but it is trailerised! i wonder if it will travel? But it is confirmed it is the arm from dreamworld and having a closer look at the cars they are the old ones from dreamworld because i remember when reef diver was enterprise the cars were more pointed and the colors are the same i think downunderland brought it off dreamworld! photos coming soon! (as soon as my camera is fixed)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

dreamworlds enterprise sucks, and I wouldnt ride that crap if it travelled! theres only room for one travelling Enterprise, and it's not that one
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

So, Dave, now you can finally believe me. Sheez, after how long??? LOL.

It is quite interesting to see some of the smaller parks start to pick up and make a difference.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

me and a few friends were gonna go to downunderland a few weeks ago and i e-mailed downunderland to see if they were open and it is shut but heres the e-mail i received " Daniel,

The Australian Heritage Village, is being redeveloped
into housing by the land holders.

Over the last year, pending our move, the rides have
been open only to large booked groups.

We have finished up all of our pre booked groups only
a week ago and are now in the process of packing up
for a big move next year.

If all goes according to plan, we will be able to
announce a new site in June / July next year with an
expected opening in October / November 2005.

Regards

Darryl Webb "

So downunderland is reopening
T-bone

Post by T-bone »

I had the opportunity early this year to take a tour of Downunderland, in it's present form.

Anyway, I took lots of photo's, and they can be seen on my website, at http://www.thrillhistory.com/gallery.ph ... w&galid=36

By the looks of things then, and now, I don't think they are going anywhere, anytime soon.
ThrillHistory.com > Everything has a little history in it!
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Yes the Enterprise at Downunderland was the one from Dreamworld. I was the one who pulled that crap outta Dreamworld back in 1999 when I worked there. It was not worth repairing as all the hydraulics etc were screwed. It used to lose about 2 liters of oil every cycle. The rust in the ride was also quiet frightning. It should have been sold for scrap metal.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Thats what I thought, Good to have you on board Funderstruck! This enterprise that your talking about, is it the one with the blue sweeps and lights on the sweeps? There is a video of it on this site,

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/dream/ If you click on the videos section and press enterprise.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Funderstruck, welcome aboard. Can you tell us who manufactured this one you describe?

that was an interesting video.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Hi Guys, Yes it was the one with the blue sweeps. It is a ferrari model if i remember corectly. Lets just hope for the sake of safety downunderland scraps the junk.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

So is this open again or what? And if its open what is there?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

As far as I am aware, Downunderland is NOT open.

I have no idea what is going on with it, but it may be worth e-mailing them off there website.

www.downunderland.com
Funderstruck

Re: The Reason Downunderland is Closed

Post by Funderstruck »

Still this park has not reopened. Its been a long time now and thinking maybe I wont happen. I wonder what they will do with their Rides