The FREEFALL Shot and Drop Tower!

Adventure World, Western Australia, Australia
Hurricane

The FREEFALL Shot and Drop Tower!

Post by Hurricane »

Adventure World is now home to a HUSS Shot & Drop Tower, located on the old site of the Turbo Mountain Roller-Coaster. There isn't much information apart from what is on the Adventure World site:

http://www.adventureworld.net.au/visito ... efall.aspx
HUSSRAINBOW

Re: The FREEFALL Shot and Drop Tower!

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

fu**! i wanted a showman to buy it, bloody hell!
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

saw this back in may on another site, Place is boring as hell. Doesn't have anything going for it. Would make a great housing estate then they cant open the first day of the perth royal show. :lol:
Only positive i can see out of this is the mega flop getting less riders a la powersurge and not returning to western australia.
Last edited by CoinKing on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Also have herd the turbo mountain rollercoaster has a great meating with sims metal. Was in shocking condition when they pulled it out.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh I read this on an English forum a few weeks ago. Is the ex-Goetzke Freefall tower. I read that an Aussie showmen bought it, coinking I thought the park was pretty popular over there
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

The only thing that annoys me about Adentureworld is that it's too far from the East Coast. I was lucky enough to go there in 1984 as a youngster. I think it had only just opened. I will never forget my first major ride - a brand new Aussie-built Sizzler. The other major rides there were dodgems and a brand-new Aus-built Disco Swing [Explorer] (now at Melb Luna Park as 'G-Force')

It makes sense to be a park attraction and is sure to do quite well at Ad-World. Am also dissappointed it won't get to travel Australia, but am not surprised. Germany yes, Australia, no. This sounds like a good excuse for me to re-visit Adventureworld.

So Turbo Mountain is history?? I had no idea the coaster was in such bad shape. I guess it would be close to 40yrs old since it was first installed in Sydney Luna park? (is / was this Australia's only Anton Schwartzkopf coaster?)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Well with a bit of luck it won't do tell well, and then will go to a showman!
Vee

Post by Vee »

CoinKing wrote:Also have herd the turbo mountain rollercoaster has a great meating with sims metal. Was in shocking condition when they pulled it out.
I heard the same, it's also not on their park map anymore.

I haven't been to AW for a few years so I wouldn't know what condition the rest of it's really in.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:Well with a bit of luck it won't do tell well, and then will go to a showman!
Be way to big and cost alot to travel here. Would probably be like the Sky-View, only do capitals
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

id be happy with that haha!
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

The Freefall is much better in a park like Adventure World than travelling, it makes much more busines sense and its an excellent acquisition by the park.
The Turbo Mountain Roller coaster was second hand when it debuted at Sydney's Luna Park in the 1981 incarnation.In its day it was a poor substitution for the much missed orginal Big Dipper. It was bought and sold to Adventure World in 1989. It is quite sad to see a coaster of its history disappear from the the Australian coaster roster. I never got to ride it and would have loved to have added the credit to my list. Add the fact that it was our only Schwarzkopf coaster and its loss is felt much more keenly.
I certainly hope that Adventure World acquires a replacment coaster in the near future. What would you guys suggest?I personally think that a Maurer Sohne spinning coaster would be an excellent choice!!

Cheers
Jobius
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

send the HUSS ride on down to melbourne, we would give it a better home!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Jobius, agree with you there. Maurer Sohne certainly know what they are doing when it comes to compact family coasters. I rode a spinning one at Knotts - a lot of fun.
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

You wont see many new rides at adventure world unless they start buying generators, they are close to running out of power, hence removing one ride and replacing it with another. I cant really see them spending huge money on generators and then getting diesel delivered every day.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

petition to get freefall to syd, ekka and melb show!!!!
Vee

Post by Vee »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:petition to get freefall to syd, ekka and melb show!!!!
Petition? You're better off taking up a collection - WA showmen don't get handouts for the Eastern States capitals, it's just the other way around.
Jobius

Post by Jobius »

CoinKing wrote:You wont see many new rides at adventure world unless they start buying generators, they are close to running out of power, hence removing one ride and replacing it with another. I cant really see them spending huge money on generators and then getting diesel delivered every day.
I am not sure that I understand what you are saying here Coinking. Presumably Adventure World is tapped in to the local electricity net and it would be simply a matter of ensuring that any new ride has access to that service. Surely it is something that in this day and age, it would be relatively simple to overcome if the park wanted access to more power supply points?

Cheers
Jobius
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Jobius wrote:
CoinKing wrote:You wont see many new rides at adventure world unless they start buying generators, they are close to running out of power, hence removing one ride and replacing it with another. I cant really see them spending huge money on generators and then getting diesel delivered every day.
I am not sure that I understand what you are saying here Coinking. Presumably Adventure World is tapped in to the local electricity net and it would be simply a matter of ensuring that any new ride has access to that service. Surely it is something that in this day and age, it would be relatively simple to overcome if the park wanted access to more power supply points?

Cheers
Jobius

Jobius

Post by Jobius »

So what are you trying to say?? Is this an attempt at humour or are you being facetious?? I only asked for an explanation to your earlier post.....

Cheers,
Jobius
redhot

Post by redhot »

Jobius wrote:
CoinKing wrote:Surely it is something that in this day and age, it would be relatively simple to overcome if the park wanted access to more power supply points?

Cheers
Jobius
Simple to do, yes. But would probably be expensive if more power is required for the site.
I worked for a company a few years ago that got a few new machines installed in the factory which meant getting a larger transformer to ensure an adequate power supply.
From what i was told it ended up costing several "tens of thousands dollars" to get..
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Jobius

Post by Jobius »

redhot wrote:
Jobius wrote:
CoinKing wrote:Surely it is something that in this day and age, it would be relatively simple to overcome if the park wanted access to more power supply points?

Cheers
Jobius
Simple to do, yes. But would probably be expensive if more power is required for the site.
I worked for a company a few years ago that got a few new machines installed in the factory which meant getting a larger transformer to ensure an adequate power supply.
From what i was told it ended up costing several "tens of thousands dollars" to get..
Thats what I thought as well. In the end if Adventure World wanted to spend the money then hooking up extra rides should be a relatively simple affair,albeit probably an expensive one. But not one that would certainly require generators. Surely tapping into the electricity grid via a new transformer for the park would ultimately be a cheaper and more practical option than utilising generators on a daily basis.

Cheers
Jobius
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I think that would be ridiculous having park rides running off generators, would be more hassle for park maintenance to maintain the gen sets and if one broke down, you would then have a ride down too. So surely if they needed more power supplied to the park they could get that done
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

What about lots of turnstyles along the queue sections? (connected to turbines that generate power)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

or they could leave the ride packed up, and then drive it on down to Rye carnival haha
princess

Post by princess »

Zamperla wrote:What about lots of turnstyles along the queue sections? (connected to turbines that generate power)
HUSSRAINBOW wrote:or they could leave the ride packed up, and then drive it on down to Rye carnival haha
Very cute you two :lol: