If you had a spare million

Public Forum
princess

If you had a spare million

Post by princess »

This may or may not be a theortical question, but if you had a Mil (which is not really a huge amount these days), what ride or rides would you buy, you want an impressive but crowd drawing ride, you dont care if it is second hand you want to transport it easily from one show to another, ok over to you what would you buy?
PNC

Post by PNC »

KMG Tango would be my choice if it came in for the right money, otherwise id think about the flash dance and a good dodgem track, if it didnt have to be easy to move i really like mondial swingers as well
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for your input PNC
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

ZIPPER and a hurricane fast set up tear down high profitability low maintanance
princess

Post by princess »

Interesting you say Hurricane, Ridefreak, they are disappearing from our major shows, Hurricane is one of my personal favourites.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Same, hence my Username :P I'd personally buy a breakdance (if it was under 1mill) and run it FULL PELT :D I would prefer a sobema that lifts over a HUSS though.
princess

Post by princess »

Thankyou Hurricane
ride freak

Post by ride freak »

yes its an absolute classic old school show ride and a shame that its seen less and less at the show where i live marsh's hurricane is always there and always well kept to a high standard one day im seriously thinking of buying a hurricane even if i have to import a 2nd hand one from the USA lol
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Chance Zipper
Far Fabbri Ranger
Huss Breakdance 2
Huss Enterprise
Huss Pirate
Huss Rainbow
Mondial Furiozo (No Limit XL)

dunno wat else haha
princess

Post by princess »

Nice graphics Huss, and nice to see you posting, I would have thought you had ridden Rainbow more than 21 times.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice choices HUSSR, = quality. You'd be hard pressed to get all those for under a mill, but some of the larger HUSS rides are surprisingly well priced due to their +1 trailer portability. (you could do a package deal with Conklins) - Rainbow is an exception though - a bit more complicated than the mechanics of a Pirate, and priced accordingly.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I'd also pick the Mondial Capriolo / Furiozo as they are very high quality rides, and while i'm at it a Top Scan :D
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

Aaw difficult question. Depends alot on the competition for me, that eliminates Huss BreakDance and KMG's Afterburner which are my favorites. Don't really know how much a million is but secondhandridescan be a bargain (and a pain to maintain) after 10 years

A Mack SeeSturmBahn would be fun, it attracks a large crowd, children love it and the speed and twisting gondolas make it great for everybody
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=849

A Fabbri HardRock because i really miss this one. It doesn't scare away crowd but has several surprises once you're riding it.
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1276

Mondial Diablo because it's transportable compared to it's big brother and has a much better distribution of forces compared to the TopScan
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1163

Schwarzkopf Maxximum Speed because it's a rare sight and an enjoyable variation of the Polyp
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1104

Mosers Tagada because it's something completely different and fun. The best way to meet somebody is to bump into them zhehe
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1054
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1257
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1102

And if i could make a silly expense then a huge darkride like deamonen would be awesome. this is only possible in Germany i'm afraid
http://www.kermismovies.be/new/?a=view&b=1314
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Huss Booster-the one that operates in a similar vein to a Breakdance,except the gondolas flip upside down.Or a Nauta Bussink Imperator.Only three were made apparently,but one is rumoured to be in storage somewhere.I realize this ride is huge and not easily trasported (perhaps it isnt possible at all?),but the massive scale of this behemoth would certainly impress!!.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Agreed, the Imperator is probably the biggest transportable monster I've ever seen. I think one got sold off to a Six Flags park where it was plagued with technical problems due to the hotter temperature it had to operate in?

Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Awesome pic Zamperla.Check you tube for some cool Imperator videos if you havent already.I remember coming across one of the Six Flags model,renamed Xcalibur.It was apparently the first one produced.The one that features in most of the videos has been sold to China.The fastest growing economy in the world,so no surprises there.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

WOW that thing looks so brutal n ass whopin i have to ride that before i die ... new goal in life RIDE THE IMPERATOR!! haha cant help but think band emperor when i see this ride (sorry to get of topic)
ride the zipper!!
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Ha Ha,yes Zipperdude,its also on my must ride list.There is also a similar,but smaller version named Evolution,which seems to make regular appearances at most of Americas state fairs.I think it is manufactured by an Italian company (FarFabbri,or something like that).There are differences in the way both machines operate,check out you tube for videos of both if youre interested.Zipperdude,there was actually a killer Polish Black/Death band from the late 80's called Imperator,just another reason why I love this ride.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

check out the giant hub:

More pictures here:

http://amusementrides.de/ridehtml/thr_evolution.html
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes Evolution is an awesome ride and it does seem most major carnival operators in America own one. It must be a very easy ride to assemble and tear down, unlike the Huss model.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

sorry to say ben, but that EVOLUTION is a NAUTA BUSSINK, the only travelling model in the world. U.S operators own FABBRI models, which in comparison, are shocking.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes you're right Huss. I wonder whether we'll see more Huss rides in Australia as OS operators start selling their rides off? There's nothing wrong with a second hand model, so long as it's in good nick. Another Ranger and-or Rainbow would be good as discussed frequently on this forum.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I'd love to see a really nicely conditioned PIRATE come to Australia, and do the major shows. Would also die to see a travelling Breakdance from Huss aswell, they are amazing.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

yea i agree with u there huss the pirate is a very nice looking ride n pretty fun to..... saying that brings back memorys of bountys revenge at wonderland was that a huss model? cus i know the pirate dosent go all the way upside down
ride the zipper!!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Zipperdude, Bounty's Revenge is made by Intamin AG. I was never a fan of these - they swing so slowly you never really get a weightlessness feeling like you do in a HUSS Pirate (and hanging upside down was never all that fun IMO)

They are generally seen as outdated now days, most US parks have removed them in favour of more modern inverted flat rides, but they do look good.