new here

Public Forum
little bit

new here

Post by little bit »

hey all this is the best site and all u guys are awesome. i just quit my job on the show run and miss it so much i think i am going to end up going back it is so addictive. love reading your posts it makes me feel better about not being there lol. may i also just say RIP to peter who sadly lost his life on the run.
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome Little Bit, once it gets in the blood, it is a hard thing to get rid of, why did you quit, if you dont mind me asking.
little bit

Post by little bit »

overworked and i had trouble with one of the showmen and a showmens son it was only small trouble but i think i overreacted cause i was tired pulled a few over nighters lol
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Welcome little bit.

We are an accommodating lot and look forward to seeing your opinions and comments.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
little bit

Post by little bit »

thanks all for the great welcomes
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Welcome abourd little bit. Hope 2 see some good posts and some good news in the future

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I second all those welcomes! :lol: We're a friendly bunch aren't we? :) Anyway, I am very interested in the travelling ride circuit and am always asking showmen about it when I'm at a carnival or show. I guess it's very demanding and the hours would be long but it also sounds like a great way to see the country and the people I've talked to reckon they've made friends for life through the business. Perhaps you could share some experiences with us some time!
little bit

Post by little bit »

yeah the run is like a little world of its own its great. you become so close with everyone. the work is hard but well worth it showdays are a proud time for all the atmosphere is great but as with all things there are problems and bad times but thats to be expected from what is like a small country town. lol funny thing news gets around one person knows that means everyone does the best place to hear any new gossip is a canteen bottom line the grounds is like a very small country town
princess

Post by princess »

Nothing changes then, I found it very difficult, it is definitely small town syndrome. I must say when I was with the carnivals, shows, there was not much trouble, only with gossip, there is a part of me that loves the gossip as well, I am only human and a woman. :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

In the words of Princess

"I am woman, hear me roar!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist :P
little bit

Post by little bit »

lol yeah i cant help it either i love gossip but yes it causes problems
grateride

Post by grateride »

hi little bit if you dont mind me asking who was peter
little bit

Post by little bit »

peter was one of the bosses on the run and he was murdered at campfire at kingaroy show it was very sad did u know him?
illusions

Post by illusions »

I knew peter he was a top bloke he will be sadly missed along the new england run next year thats for sure
illusions
princess

Post by princess »

Very sad about this persons death.

And Hurricane you are so right.
little bit

Post by little bit »

hey illusions good to hear from someone else who new pete it was a massive loss. anyone that was there or that knew pete would understand just how terrible it was. that show i swear everyone had red eyes. this may not be a good thing to say but another man that i know was involved with the murder got off scott free and walked around threatening a few of the mourners on showday it was so wrong.
illusions

Post by illusions »

remember those nights in the hole in the wall with pete and the taibo it was good times. For those who did not know pete words could not describe him his was hard workin bloke who always had time time to give someone else a hand...
illusions
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

Welcome Little Bit any lose of life is bab enough but worse in a suituation like this when peter seemed to be a grate,honest friendly bloke. i hope the person who got off has let the show scene now it would make it hard to have to face him knowing what he has done . i do hope you go back on the run as i could imagine how much you miss it i would love to do it my self and seriously considering it .
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

That is very sad about Peter. I hope they caught who did it.
benclare

Post by benclare »

A terrible tragedy no doubt about that. When did all this happen?
little bit

Post by little bit »

this all happened at kingaroy show this year. one man was arrested at the scene and they are unable to prove the other guy did anything. neither one of the men were workers they were locals camping at the grounds because it is also a caravan park. balloon man if ur serious i could get u onto a good boss. so right illusions the hole in the wall was always good fun its stuff like that that makes me miss the place.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

At the EKKA this year saw the mega drop at nithg looks good would have to say the insanity is still not working the space roller looks great a shame the numbers through the gates of the show have been very bad.
JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM A MATE IN USA SAID THAT THE FABBRI MEGA DROP HAS JUST BEEN VOTED THE WORLDS NUMBER ONE TRAVELING
TOWER RIDE. GOOD PURCHASE BROSBORNE
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

The Mega Drop never seems to have enough people on it, why I wonder, if it just got voted the Number 1 ride.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good to hear from you again Ozshowkid.

Yes I've heard the crowd numbers are disappointing so far although the official line is crowds are close to last year's numbers.
princess

Post by princess »

On the Mega Drop, I saw it of Television during the week at night, it looked fantastic, very well lit up, wonder if you can see that from the Gateway bridge, as I could with the ferris wheel.