Rick Price filmclip - amusement rides 1993

Public Forum
Zamperla
Administrator

Rick Price filmclip - amusement rides 1993

Post by Zamperla »

Found this one on Youtube, I remember at the time this quickly became one of my favourite songs due to the film clip. It would've been filmed around 1993 - the full version shows more of the rides, but in it are: Turbo (now owned by Bells), Ranger (O'Neils), Hurricane (March's) and Zipper (I think this was Wittingslows) and a Ferarri ferris wheel and maybe half a second of Wittinglow's Orbitor too, set up on Sydney Harbour. (Tina Arena singing backing vocals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvfQPDuaKME
avp

Post by avp »

nice work! brings back memories! feel like riding Turbo now! no such luck lol
princess

Post by princess »

Amazing spot for a carnival to be set up, looks like the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House, maybe they should bring this back for the Sydney festival, though I would think that it would be almost impossible to do now.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes I remember this! The Sydney Festival idea is a good one and perhaps it could work; Darling Harbour, Heid Park and Circular Quay could be possibilities.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Ben I am impressed you remembered it. It looked like quite a big carnival.

I have the full version of the film clip, I might try and upload it on to Youtube at some point.
benclare

Post by benclare »

That'd be great if you could upload the whole song Zamperla; it's great! It's a shame the carnival can't be heard in the film clip though. The early 90's were excellent for carnivals in Sydney when there were many more of them. Councils have banned quite a few since then unfortunately. There was even a Royal Christmas Show held in 1993, I kid you not! It was at the Showground and featured mainly Paviers and O'Neil's rides. I really thought the idea would take off but there was only one event held I think.

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject again. :oops:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looked like a good carnival. I wouldn't remember that as that was the year i was born :!: And thats the first time i've seen turbo operate.