Ride Models

Public Forum
Juzzaman

Ride Models

Post by Juzzaman »

If Anyone knows where I can get a cheap Rainbow, Explorer, Miami (music trip, Sidewinder, Dominator Ect) or Hurricane i would realy like to know or any ride on Zamp's site but i refuse to buy a Ali Baba ride kit because i hate the ride so badly and if i had acsess to TNT The ride would not exist today :twisted: i don't want to spend over $100 and i would prefer a operational model.
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

uh, cheap hey, well thanks HUSSRAINBOW for all this info, cause he was the one that got me into ride models, even though i only have one

FALLER, only makes rides in Germany, mostly made by HUSS, so that rules out the Hurricane and all the sidewinder esque rides

and there sint many available in Aus for less than 100 dollars let alone second hand models, so i reccomend visiting hobbyco in Sydney, and paying a bit extar for a new one, hope i was of help

BTWm the Breakdance model is pretty cool to start with, so HUSSRAINBOW told me, so i brought that for my first one
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Juzz, you won't find a Rainbow model in Australia for under $100, and NO model company makes a Hurricane or Miami
I have
Rainbow
Topspin
Breakdance
Ferris Wheel
Dodgems
Wave Swinger (Circus Welt)

I just updated my rainbow model today infact, like dave said to me, the trailer would look better blue, so YEP i have painted the trailer!!
Here's the pix:

Juzzaman

Post by Juzzaman »

Where is Hobbyco and about how much would i have to pay for a rainbow, Sizzler (cha cha) or a breakdance and do they sell the enterprise, gravitron or kamikaze ( Ranger, huss or fabbri) :D
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Juzzaman wrote:Where is Hobbyco and about how much would i have to pay for a rainbow, Sizzler (cha cha) or a breakdance and do they sell the enterprise, gravitron or kamikaze ( Ranger, huss or fabbri) :D
Well yopu coduld get a Ranger, if you were talented enough to convewrt a Rainbow to a Ranger, but you need to be EXTREMELY TALENTED, to do that, there are a couple of sites on the net that show you rides that have been converted (FALLER models), just search on Google a bit.

as for Sizzler, nay, they dont make it

Hobby co, is right above HMV in Pitt Street mall, if you look upwards, theres a huge neon sign with HOBBYCO written on it, its in there, its opposite Angus and Robertson, also in Pitt Street Mall, cool place, i love their model train set they have going, with a live and in living color (BABY!!!!!) Rainbow operating
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I have placed my order with my friends and family for my birthday (in November :cry ) to get some ride models i told them the main 2 i want is a RAINBOW ( of course ) and a break dancer apparently they are the best!
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

hmmm, that'll, like, cosat you, like (man) $300+ i hope they like you!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

it won't cost 300+
and you cant find a good cha cha, only cummons in the U.S make awesome motorised ones, but they don't ship outside of the u.s and you could get one from RAH but its cheap looking, also RAH make a Kamikaze, im planning on buying it in the future and theming it to O'Neills Ranger
:D
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Fine, my apologies, for the Rainbow & the Breakdance, it will cost circa $240, happy?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Jim thanks alot for the info i will hopefully be getting some for my birthday and christmas and does it come with the paint and the tools? :D
Last edited by Hurricane on Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no, it doesnt come with tools or paint, plus I painted rainbows counterweights from blue to yellow, and trailer from red to blue
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

I had to buy the tools as well, all I brought was a little knife, and some glue, if your buying 2 models, i guess you;d need two little bottles of hobby glue, but I put loads on, cause it smelt nice, anyway...yeah. but you dont need anything else cept a ruler is helpful for cutting stickers, and side clippers obviously, and a lot of patience I guess.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I put loads on, cause it smelt nice
You're a classic Nebs :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Tips for Building models, and this goes for you too neb

1. Don't put too much glue on, yes it dries clear, but it leaves a light glue stain from where it dried

2. You don't need two bottles, I've been through 6 rides, with 1 bottle!

3. Don't use a knife to cut out the pieces, you will find that most smaller parts will break with exerted force, use side cutter, many hobby shops sell them!

4. File down the burrs, don't leave plastic bits on your pieces, this looks very messy, and takes away anyu realism to the ride

any questions, just ask

Chris
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Tips for Building models, and this goes for you too Everyone

1.put too much glue on, yes it dries clear, but it leaves a light glue stain from where it dried

2. You need two bottles, I've been through 1 ride, with 1 bottle!

3. use a knife to cut out the pieces, you will find that most smaller parts will break with exerted force, and sometimes they snap in half use side cutter, many hobby shops dont sell them! i couldn't find any side cutters at hobbyco, maybe thats because i already had a pair and wasn't really looking

4. File down the burrs, don't leave plastic bits on your pieces, this looks very messy, and takes away any realism to the ride plus it stuffs up bits that you want to glue together

any questions, just ask

Jim
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hmm it just shows how much you know about modelling, also i'd love to see how badly you've made the breakdance, i honestly don't know how anyone can go through 1 WHOLE bottle of glue for one model, thats stupid
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

it might also be of interest that i accidentaly spilled some on the table, but quickly wiped it up, i think i spilled a quarter of it on the table, but still, you must go pretty easy on the glue, what was it 6 rides with one bottle, jeez! and remember that you used a different type of glue to me, perhaps thats a contributing factor...anyway, my Breakdance model looks good, and i dont see how anyone can stuff it up, calm down brother...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

oh easily, by cuttin parts with a knife :P
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

well jeez, anyone dumb enough to damage pieces by cutting them out with a knife shouldn't have a model in the first place, let alone be handling a knife :roll:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i don't use a knife, im an experienced modeller and use side cutters! and proper tools
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Go easy there Chris - modelling is obviously easy once you know how, but part of the fun is learning by your own mistakes - are you saying you have not improved from the first model you built?

I look forward to seeing that breakdance! Would be interesting to see some differnet backdrop artwork on it rather than the standard kit stuff - would be ambitious to do it by hand, I know HUSSRainbow did this with the original Wittingslow backdrop, and O'Neills with great results.
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

indeed it is easy once you know how, however learning how to involves absolutely no skill whatsoever (i beleive) cause all the instructions on how to build it are provided, no talent is needed whatsoever... :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

ugh, I hate my o'neills backdrop, i tried doin another one, but it was crap, so I gave up and its no backdrop Rainbow
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

OMG OMG i just saw a pic of a miami model on fun fairs.co.uk!!! i want one!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

they aren't for sale those, they are scratch built