Model waltzer 1/24th scale

Public Forum
scotlands funfairs

Model waltzer 1/24th scale

Post by scotlands funfairs »

here are a few photos of my model waltzer i have been building for nearly 3 years now.
princess

Post by princess »

Even lighting, very impressive and welcome from me too scotland
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good work mate, looks great
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Wow mate,amazing...those three years of diligent work are very evident.Have you even got a little smoke machine as well?!!!.
scotlands funfairs

hi matt yes comes with smoke machine which sits behind the waltzer, and also fitted a red laser light.
ive uploaded a video on you tube of the model working with the lights going, smoke machine and laser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9Hwe8KKGY

[/img]
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

awesome. love it. Dunno what else to say! Nice work
"Slingshot , Engage"
Turbo_X

Post by Turbo_X »

hey m8. great model! i wish i could do things like that. the lighting and smoke machine looks ace.
Turbo... The Xtreme Machine!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

scotlands funfairs, superb work. Love the lights and the variable speed motor on the ride makes it very realistic. I know Waltzers are huge in your part of the world - just as common as dodgem cars.

You will find it hard to believe we do not have a single waltzer operating here in Australia. (we do have a few Tilt-a-whirls though) I do remember seeing a Waltzer at the Melbourne Show around 1990 I think. It may have been leased by a showmen in your part of the world.

Welcome aboard!
scotlands funfairs

hi everyone thank you so much for all your comments i do appreciate it, i believe their was a waltzer years ago in australia and it was a u.k showman david taylor who brought it over.

I have nothing against tilt a whirls as they have the same job to do as a waltzer simply cars on a platform that spin, waltzers however as you can see more work has gone into presenting the ride on its looks.

many waltzers now here in the u.k seem to be going for airbrushing artwork which is very good and these people who do the artwork are very talented but its also good now and then to see rides with good old traditional artwork.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, we have a few Tilt's here but you have Waltzer's that are huge in the UK, then Tilt's are pretty popular in the USA. Waltzers do look very well presented and look like they're run well. What gives the better ride experience? A Waltzer or a Tilt?
avp

Post by avp »

i remember riding that waltzer at the Melb show! wicked! i grew up in leeds and miss these awsome machines!
scotlands funfairs

a very good friend of mine decided a while back to build a 1/16th scale waltzer which is bigger than mine, infact its that big it build up and pulls down like the real waltzer.
ive put a short video on you tube to show how it was built from scratch and is all hand painted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxbUE_VzIyU
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Wow, that's awesome. Alot of time and effort and it's all worth it. Great work to your mate. Do you have any vids of it operating?
scotlands funfairs

no videos of it operating yet, as am in scotland and hes in england its difficult to get to his to video it as i would like to video the complete uild up of the waltzer and also running.