Music Festivals

Public Forum
princess

Music Festivals

Post by princess »

Does anyone know if other than Big Day Out, does any other music festivals have rides, eg. splendor in the grass, there are so many around Sydney in summer.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Unfortunately most of the music festivals don't have rides which is a big pity. Some of the big rave parties held at Darling Harbour, the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay etc do feature some rides like the Cha Cha, Ranger, Hurricane and some games. About ten years ago there used to be a festival at Glenworth Valley near Gosford and Joylands used to bring their Hurricane, Roundup and other rides in. I remember a particular incident where a drunk man stood up on the Hurricane while it was going and he banged his head on the trailer and was knocked unconscious. The carnival was briefly shut down at Glenworth but reopened soon after inspectors found no problems.
mmk

Post by mmk »

Summadayze and Southbound in WA both have some of Show Wests rides, usually the wave swinger... tends to be a hit when people are off their face!
princess

Post by princess »

lol mmk. :lol:
scotlands funfairs

Post by scotlands funfairs »

we have a giant music festival in scotland called T-IN THE-PARK and attracts 100,000 revellers over a 3 day period.
the fair that attends is quite big with rides like the power surge, giant wheel, dodgems, bomber mark2, adrenalin street fighter, waltzer.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Geez, if only we had great rides like that at Music Festivals. Thanks Trevor. It is a shame we don't have any rides doing any Music Festivals here in Syd.
princess

Post by princess »

I have been thinking about this, it is probably an insurance issue, also do ride operators have laws regarding allowing intoxicated people to ride their rides, cause nearly all the festivals my son goes to have both drug and drinking issues. Suppose there is also a problem with the size of the venue, take up too much room with rides, less heads in the gate.

If this is something that has not been tapped yet, maybe we can get that market tapped into, good music, great rides, still Big Day Out have been doing it for years.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Summadayze, Future Music Festiva and Kiss My Grass in Melbourne all have a Big Wheel... no idea who owns it, and a Dodgems...

Stereosonic debuted last year here in Melbourne from One Love and Hardware, since being at the Melbourne Showgrounds, TPA stayed on from the Melbourne Show and their Christmas party....
Johnson's also got on with Hard Rock..
Stereosonic 07: Twin Flip, Crazy Coaster, Roller Ghoster, Paratrooper, Numero Uno Dodgems, Cliffhanger, Hard Rock and Raupen Bahn.
Stereosonic 08 will be going national this year, so who knows what will do the interstate shows.
Big Day Out usually features a Huricane, Slingshot, and Scorpion.
Last year featured Slingshot and Shorts Zipper and MAYBE speed... not 100% sure.... could only make out glimpses on Channel [V]
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I remember you writing up about the Steriosonic Festival. Do the one Love group have a CD they've just released Huss?
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

hey guys havent had a post for a while, i actully work in stage productions now and the company i work for dose most of the stages for all the big music festivals , we just did the world youth day stages and were doing parklife soon, ill ask about rides and let you guys know!
ride the zipper!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

One Love are upto like their 8th cd.... Neon Nights
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Is it a good CD Huss, i'm thinking of buying it.