Rest In Peace Tas Pickett

Public Forum
princess

Rest In Peace Tas Pickett

Post by princess »

Tas Pickett died on the weekend, patriarch of TPA, Tas you were a hard man, but soft on the inside, I knew you when I was so young, you and Emily helped me through some pretty tough stuff in my life, which I will be eternally grateful. I know that Emily has lost the love of her life, her soul mate, my own heart breaks for her, it was wonderful to see you not that long ago, where a smile spread across your face as you recognised me, from so long ago, it was good to laugh about your hard times and my own, not funny at the time for either of us, it was incredible to look back with you both just to see where our journey's had taken us. I was looking forward to seeing you both again in Sydney at Easter, it will be a different catch up next year, but I will be there to say Hi Em and give you a warm hug. :cry: :(

Your friend always

princess
Last edited by princess on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Re: Rest In Peace Tas Pickett

Post by Hurricane »

To Emily and all of the Pickett family,

My deepest condolences go out to every single one of you during this sad and difficult time. It was a great honor to meet you at the EKKA Emily, after hearing many good things about you from many friends of mine. I know that words can not bring Tas back, but his memory will always live on in our hearts and in our minds. It's at this time where you need the help and support from as many friends, family and loved ones and I know they will be there for you.

But as the great showmen always say "The show must go on" and I am sure that this is what Tas would want us all to do. So rest in peace Tas, your legacy will live on.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes my condolences go out to the Pickett family aswell. I was unfortunate to never meet Tas but heard that he was a great showmen. From the sounds of things the showgrounds have lost a great man in the buisness. My wishes go out to the whole Pickett family, take care
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

I met Tas quiet a few years ago now at the Ekka. I was just lookin through my Business Card directory just this morning and seen his card. I get on tonight and see this sad news.
My Deepest Sympathy's go out to everyone at TPA Shows.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yep not good news and I agree with all that has been said here so far. Showies are special people for sure.