Waltzer

Public Forum
Hurricane

Re: Waltzer

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... i've seen the owner doing it occasionally... more often when i'm on it as he seems to be intent on trying to make me sick every show he sees me at. Weather that be on the Tilt or Cha Cha. I know that my boss told people off for doing it on the Cyber Party because of OH&S so I just assumed it was the same on the Tilt.
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTGmyvowgo
This made me laugh at bits but i guess it would be pretty hard to do
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

gee great audio. Beats using an exercise machine in a gym though ;)
benji

Post by benji »

ive heard of a tilt a whirl coming to south australia from the usa
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

I remember many many years ago seeing Coney Fairs Rok N Roll operator holding the outside of the car doing cartwheels around the ride then jumping off while it was going. Looked pretty cool but now days OH&S would throw the book at you.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

When isn't OH&S throwing the book these days? They are probably going to book me for standing 30cm off the ground putting stock up in my joint next!
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Yeah those milk crates work wonders for bridging up a joint :lol:
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I was looking a hull fair discussion and a lot of people were hyped up to go on this crazy waltzer that is going there for the first time in ages.(this is the waltzer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXXDm1dbNQ )
Anyway the owner of the ride hires around 4-5 live DJ's to DJ for the ride while it is at hull! I wish our operators went to this much effort to create a amazing atmosphere don't you. And if that isn't enough to convince you a ride on this waltzer would only cost you around $4 to $5. The only thing is, is that hull fair is the largest travelling fair event so i guess hiring DJ's would pay itself off pretty quickly.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Would be great, I've seen a photo of a DJ on top of the control booth of Van Der Beek's "Sound Machine" in Holland. Would be pretty hectic but with how expensive fees are these days. And you'd wanna do it at an event that you'd know would pull heaps of teens and younger adults. I'm always on the net looking for DJ's sets to download and use, even though I don't work on the gear that travels the shows except for Sydney Show (Power Surge) I play some of that there. Everyone loves a good atmosphere
princess

Post by princess »

That was great Tayz, even watched the whole 12 minutes, great music, you know when you have got it right, when you see the people waiting in the line dancing, great effects with the timed fire, those workers really earn their money.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Totally love it!