Rainbow For Sale

Public Forum
Top Gunner14

Re: Rainbow For Sale

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh as Funder said, as part of their app photos have to be submited. So in O'Neill's case photos of the ride back in 2008 as that's the last time it ran. Weird that it's been 3 years since the last time we saw Rainbow out...
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I see. I withdraw my comment :oops:
princess

Post by princess »

So where is the ride, what is it doing, it does not travel, has any work been done on it, if it has you would think it would be working to recoup the costs involved with upkeep.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

My guess is the ride has been retired to be honest, It's blatantly obvious that OCS have no desire to get the ride up and running any time soon. It also appears that he won't sell the ride unless he gets the right amount of money which obviously he has much too high expectations for a ride of it's age. Sadly even though it's a high quality ride, age would be a big factor of this ride not returning.

OCS should either get it working, or sell it to someone who WILL get it working and have it running. I'm sorry but if your planning to keep it and hope that it's value will increase with time, it's just going to lower in value and I know that there are people interested in buying the ride... people that are serious about travelling the ride. And the too many trailers thing is a load of crap, many other rides use more trailers and travel more than Rainbow ever did under OCS's ownership. I mean Space Roller, Skyview, Cyber Party and so many others are on 2 - 3 trailers and travel to as many shows as possible.

Just goes to show that the management of OCS doesn't really give a rats about value of equipment etc. And if anyone from OCS does read this, I mean everything I say and sometimes you just need to be blatantly blunt to get your message across.
princess

Post by princess »

Yep.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

princess wrote:So where is the ride, what is it doing, it does not travel, has any work been done on it, if it has you would think it would be working to recoup the costs involved with upkeep.
The ride is sitting down the back of O'Neill's property at Edmondson Park, I've seen it a few times as I drive past. The ride wouldn't have worked since Sydney Show '08 as all Rainbow's around the world were to cease operating in July 2008, and apparently the ride's lower arm was waiting to get the work/rebuild done. 3 years later we don't know if any work has been done, whether it be on a waiting list to be sent over to the factory to be rebuilt or O'Neill's just can't be bothered to spend the money to ship it over and get it rebuilt. But 3 years later, surely the arm has had the work done by now. So who knows, maybe if the work has been done and the ride has just been sitting idle doing nothing, maybe O'Neill's it is time to sell it...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i cant even comment anymore, it's just too dissapointing and sad to see what has happened to this great ride.
time will tell i guess...
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Its a shame that such an iconic ride is just sitting wasting away not accessable to its fans!
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

(shakes head) You'd think they'd give Rainbow a chance to head back to the showgrounds. They should give another ride a try instead of Ali Baba. It's alright for an alternative, but I really consider it a waste of space. Maybe the organisers should bring in a ride that hasn't been on the RES for awhile.

Why don't OCS just sell the Rainbow to an amusement park that will really make good use of it. LPS could really do with a new ride since the Wave Swinger will be returning to the showgrounds soon. Seriously, I think it's gonna rot just sitting there forever when it could be making something for travelling shows, or well-established amusement parks for that matter.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Damn, I can't read anymore of this. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD!!!

Now us Australian Rainbow fans would have to go overseas to places where they're running their Rainbows!

Someone need to stage a rally to bring back the OCS Rainbow ASAP!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

LPS would never get rainbow, it's just as loud, if not more than Ranger, and we know how the residents feel about that... Two major Huss rides making that noise would get them both kicked out of the park.
There are a handful of Rainbow's overseas that HAVE had the necessary work done to the lower arm, and are no running fine.... What the hell is the big drama to get the work done on ours? There must be a valid reason. OCS shouldn't have wasted their money buying the ride off Wittingslow only to have run it 6 years.... so over those 6 years OCS ran the rainbow only 84 days.... bulls***!
Dazzleland

Post by Dazzleland »

And what if HUSS went out of business, for example, after an infamous lawsuit about Liseberg's Rainbow?
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Well, if OCS isn't going to have anymore use for their rides, then why the hell don't they just sell them to another amusement company who would really pay attention to the rides that they have. I want to see some good rides in our shows, not horrible butchered nightmares. At least they have the courtesy to bring in rides like Space Roller, Extreme Speed, XXXL and others, but we would really like to see our missed favourites again. Can't we just get another Huss Rainbow? Maybe Wittingslow giving their Rainbow to OCS was a BIG mistake.
princess

Post by princess »

RexDragon wrote:Wittingslow giving their Rainbow to OCS
not sure giving was part of the equation, probably costs are to much for anyone to buy now.
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

I don't believe it. The ride lineup is going to be the same as 2010's. No new rides. I really hope they might make some last minute changes like what happened in 2009, you know, replacing Rainbow for Ali Baba. I would like to see it the other way around, though. At least thankfully, we don't have to go on the rides that we don't like.

And I found something from ride extravanganza which may explain why they're so very few Rainbows operating. I hope it won't be the case for our Rainbow.

========================================================================================================================================================

First of all, thanks for being such an enthusiast that you actually know enough about riding to even recognize the rides and which ones make memories for you. I’m a rider myself—although I don’t always pay attention to the names, so I totally appreciate the fact that you’re missing your favorite.

I’ll be honest with you about why it isn’t part of our current operator’s traveling inventory. It’s particularly due to an incident in Sweden in 2008 where the manufacturer and operators were charged with taking the Rainbow out of circulation for quite some time until the cause of the accident was determined. Resulting from that determination, owner/operators were told to reverse an earlier recommended repair procedure (if they had already done it) to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars and a many months wait for available parts. Quite simply, some opted not to currently throw that kind of money toward the ride since the confidence from the manufacture only came back with a “weak okay” to operate after this incident. In fact the one operating at the South Carolina Fair, which just ended I think, was involved in an electrocution – all the details aren’t in on that as to cause so a judgment is probably unfair, but still the ride has suffered some hardships post 2008. I don’t know that as many are actually in operation anymore. Due to these hardships, our owner/operator has benched the ride which you can imagine is a huge hit to his operation. Rides are EXTREMELY expensive and to have one sit idle is extremely unfortunate.

We take great pride in doing the very best to put on a carnival of size and interest to as many people as we can. We have more than 70 rides, with many new and unique ones. I hope you can find something on which to have fun. While I know they are not exactly the same, I recommend the structure and experience of the Space Roller and Fire Ball which have similar feel in that it’s one arm rotation with a rider end that spins on another axis.

This may have been more information than you cared to know, but I took the chance that if you are that specific with your complaint…you probably want our whole story. I’m sorry, again, that your favorite ride isn’t here and hope that you can give some other super-spectacular rides a chance.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your concern and disappointment.

Sincerely,

Gina Burchfiel

Vice President – State Fair
========================================================================================================================================================

So, that's about it. :(