NEW but been around

Public Forum
old showie

NEW but been around

Post by old showie »

hi guys love this site Old showie is my name spent 35yrs on the carnival circut in New ZEALAND & AUSTRALIA ,a truley great site this is thanks guys
benclare

Re: NEW but been around

Post by benclare »

Welcome to our little community!

I remember when I first came across this site, I was so thrilled because I was annoying people with my constant talk about rides when they didn't share the same interest as me. I'm sure you have many interesting things to share with us!

Cheers,
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

hi Old Showie welcome aboard. What sort of work were you going? rides? (if so, which ones)
old showie

Post by old showie »

yeah put all the major rides up 100s times for LABB Amusements ,Johnson Amusements ,before they sold there gear to Mahons , Rex Newton was another with a few rides, witnessed the 3 girls falling out of the speed wheel in 1974 killing 2. nearly 40 yrs putting up rides i had a good life on the show grounds . Had a few Aussies working over there in the 70s great blokes they were ,hard as hell too .worked for Roy Mahon ,good bloke he was too .so i put up a few rides over the years no favorite i liked them all.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

sounds like you really cherished your time in the biz. If you don't mind me asking, what was the Speed Wheel? Must've been a tragedy to witness but seems you put it in your stride.
old showie

Post by old showie »

Speed wheel ,Ferris wheel that went fast & clockwise direction with seats rocking back & forth a real gut dropper since then i havent seen one in action like that, they all seem to run anti clockwise .
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Welcome aboard old showie. Good to see that we keep increasing our membership base with people experienced in the industry.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics