Work

Public Forum
Tayz

Work

Post by Tayz »

If wanted to try and get a job at lets say moomba for the work experience and some good times, firstly is it posible (im 15 turning 16) and secondly what steps would i need to take to try and get a job at a carnival.
Hurricane

Re: Work

Post by Hurricane »

What I would suggest you do is go to the carnival when they are setting up (3 - 4 days before hand) and walk around. Alot of the time rides will have signs saying they are looking for staff for the show. Decide which you would most like to work and approach the operator and find out who to speak to. Don't be shy but don't be too overwhelming and hopefully you will get some work. AAF is a great starting point to getting work in the Industry, and if it wasn't for contacts I made through this website I would not be working for the company I have worked for the last 2 years.

Also considering your age I wouldn't go in expecting to be put on a big ride like Space Roller or No Limit. You will most likely if given work end up on a Joint or Kids ride / bubble. This is how I started back when I was 16, working sideshow games and only when I had turned 18 was I even allowed to work on the deck of the Cyber Party.

It will be harder for you to get work given your age, but don't let that discourage you at all as it IS possible. I worked my first carnival when I was 14 working on a bubble, then went to kids rides for the same company for 2 years. Then when I turned 16 I did a show in a ticket box for another company and the ride I was meant to work the ticket box in broke down the day before the show started and I asked some people who were looking for staff and was pointed towards the Trindalls. I had only very basic Joint experience at the time, and i've now worked casually for 2 years with them and I've loved it ever since. I'm not sitting behind the control panel JUST yet... but i'm getting there ;)

Good luck and let us know how you go!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hopefully SKY WALKER comes back, and i can work that.... great fun working with luke and the guys
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

I dont think i will be working my way up the order so does that mean that i dont really have a chance
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It doesn't mean you don't have a chance... just makes it easier if you work up in the ranks and get a name for yourself.
Tayz

Post by Tayz »

Is it posible to just try to email people or places and try to get job that way
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ringing's usually your best bet, then you can talk to the operators direct. Where abouts are you looking at working?
And with your age too you're probably a bit too young to be on deck on a bigger ride, so yeh like Hurricane said you could be on a joint or inflatable. But give someone a call as they're the best person to talk to