Most Memorable Ride Moment

Public Forum
Mixerholic

Most Memorable Ride Moment

Post by Mixerholic »

I have quite a few. Firstly I nearly fell off the Pirate at Rye when it was going down because I lost my balance (stupid kid :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Secondly I was on the Ghetto Strip Train (Ghost Train at Rye) we at the exit and the ride broke down and the car was pushed back to the station and I had a casual chat with the guy, asking how his Christmas was :lol: Latly my first ride on XXXL at Moomba 2012. I was thinking 'Oh My God! I am going to freaking die on this thing! What the hell am I doing on this contraption? (As you do) I have never had so much fun on a ride in a long time. I was scared, but in the good way. And I rode it 3 times! Bye-bye $40 lol!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
princess

Re: Most Memorable Ride Moment

Post by princess »

An old chair o plane owned by solo, oldies will remember him, he would swing the chairs manually as it swung around, haha totally oh&s no no, back then you could jump on an off a moving merry go round, or swing tilt cars to make them go faster. Sorry a bit off topic, it was a pleasant reminder :D
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

princess wrote:An old chair o plane owned by solo, oldies will remember him, he would swing the chairs manually as it swung around, haha totally oh&s no no, back then you could jump on an off a moving merry go round, or swing tilt cars to make them go faster. Sorry a bit off topic, it was a pleasant reminder :D
That's cool. My dad told me there was a ride called the Flying Horses. Now THAT'S a OH & S no no!
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Here's some others that I just thought of. When I last went on the Crazy Dancer my car went psycho and all I could see was a speed blur which was totally AWESOME!!! Also when I first went on the Breakdance in 2001 they were playing We're Going To Ibiza by The Vengaboys! Ah memories.
princess

Post by princess »

By the way the chair o plane was an early wave swinger
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Princess on Hard Rock... nuff said :P
tziolasamusements

Post by tziolasamusements »

filp the wittingslow's zipper over 200 times while zipper stop
couldn't breath properly when get out of cage
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

I was on the Mixer with my cousin and we were having a casual chat whilst the ride was in motion and there was a guy s****ing himself :lol: He sounded like he was going through labour! I mean he was using a lot of expletives it was hilarious! He thought he was going to die and he was screaming out why were talking so casually! lol I couldn't resist a Mixer story. Oh and here's one more. I was on the Mixer and the ride operator was giving a baby a raspberry and they left the microphone on! So you could hear what was going on!
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Hurricane wrote:Princess on Hard Rock... nuff said :P
That explains why she prefers Hard Rock over Dreamworld's Claw :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

The first time I ever rode Rainbow back in 1999 at Moomba. Hated absolutely every second of it! haha I was only 11 then...
I always wanted to ride it as a child at Rye, it was the most amazing thing at the carnival. I didn't ride it again until 2004 when I finally worked up the courage to get back on it.... What an idiot I was!
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:The first time I ever rode Rainbow back in 1999 at Moomba. Hated absolutely every second of it! haha I was only 11 then...
I always wanted to ride it as a child at Rye, it was the most amazing thing at the carnival. I didn't ride it again until 2004 when I finally worked up the courage to get back on it.... What an idiot I was!
You've done better than me! I actually worked up the courage to ride it in 2003 and the bloody thing wasn't there! *face keyboard until concoxion*
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

This is kinda embarassing, but when I first rode the Ali Baba in 2004 I squeeled like a little girl! The sad thing was that I was 13! :oops: :D :lol: 8) :roll:
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Small yet impressionable memory that still sticks with me.. The scorpion when owned by golden way, in my younger years I would be one of the first in the Showgrounds at rocky, when things were still starting up etc, was taking pics of scorpions back drop it had that year, and the same dude I had seen year after year running it was working on the audio gear. Remembering big booming systems were not as common then, he got it all working and played 'fever for the flava' by hot action cop, mmmm, do you think that I could get some, giggy giggy.. (for those that remember that song) haha..
Then later that night played it again, nice full rides, big crowd around it buzzin, when scorpion was in its prime, looked great at night with the lighting package and the smoke machine... great ride.
Still think of those memories when I hear that tune.
"Slingshot , Engage"
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Was an awesome ride back in the day, still good too. I haven't seen it for a few years myself, shame they sold it but definately worth it for them buying Speed. Never knew the ride had a backdrop either, still got those pics Josh? :lol:
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Not sure if I got any pics of it, will dig through the old pics. It was only 1 year that I remember, then just the big light up scorpion sign, which was still cool on its own. Lol
"Slingshot , Engage"
benclare

Post by benclare »

I enjoy some of these topics Mixerholic!

I guess some that stand out for me include my trip to World Expo 88. The amusement park wasn't all that special by today's standards and even back then, Dreamworld and Wonderland featured more rides but you just knew that being there was a once in a lifetime experience and World Expo Park had an awesome atmosphere that had me hugely excited!

I also have fond memories of big days out at the show, my first ever ride on the Tilt at Grundys and my first ride on Paviers Hurricane at the Entrance in the early 80's. I was lucky because my folks would always do the rides with me and my sister was a bit of a ride junky herself so we were always sure to spend lots of time in a carnival or theme park when I was a kid.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

I ve never seen a back drop on scorpian. If it did would of been a rare moment and obviously didnt workout for the ride.
Good to see the pics if you can find them josh.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

What year was the Scorpian built?
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

Agree benclare! Grundys was also a great early memory. I have a grundys coin op token in my display case at home! :)
"Slingshot , Engage"
princess

Post by princess »

I found one at home a couple of months ago to!
ExtremeFanatic

Post by ExtremeFanatic »

My first Time o the Gravitron at the Ekka. I was the last person to board on and the Ride started spinning i was to late to the Edge and My Face was being pushed into the wall. My Face was Red and a Massive Headache and My first time on the Cyber Party never knew it went so fast and I banged my head into the side bar of my carriage. And the worst when I went through Hollywood Horrors scariest thing ever. :wink: