Water coaster bound for Australia in 2013

Public Forum
Hurricane

Water coaster bound for Australia in 2013

Post by Hurricane »

Source: Parkz.com.au
In an interview with German business magazine insideB, managing director of Mack Rides, Christian von Elverfeldt has revealed the sale of one of their water coasters to an Australian park for 2013.

Details are limited at this stage, but the revelation looks set to continue a period of relativey high investment at Australian theme parks, and will bring a style of coaster currently seen throughout the US and Europe, yet ideally suited to the Australian climate.

Asked by insideB Magazine in a recent interview about ongoing projects for Mack, von Elverfeldt commented amongst other projects that, "With Australia, I have just negotiated a water roller coaster for next year."

Water coasters use wheeled boats capable of running on a steel track, featuring the dips and turns of a conventional roller coaster, before splashing down into a channel and floating like a conventional flume ride.

With no park identified as the attractions home at this stage many things are possible:

Will Sea World finally build that water coaster first mooted in planning documents in 2008 and follow in the footsteps of the SeaWorld parks in the US?

Will Dreamworld follow up Shockwave and Buzzsaw with another thrilling, yet accessible attraction?

Have they still got the DC comics bug down at Movie World? Perhaps an Aquaman themed water coaster is in the works?

Are one of the water parks planning to go big and break away from water slides, with an all new way of getting wet?
Mack Rides are one of Germany's largest ride manufacturers, offering a range of mid-sized coasters, water rides and water coasters, which combine roller coaster, flume technology and often make use of vertical elevator lifts. Mack built Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster at Warner Bros. Movie World.

In 2008, Parkz members uncovered a proposal by Sea World for a water coaster. The plans then were for a standard off-the-shelf design of a Mack water coaster at the front of the park, in the area now home to Penguin Encounter. These plans never came to fruition, and since this time Sea World have closed Bermuda Triangle, the park's signature water ride, and in recent days they have requested council approval for its demolition.

There is currently no formal indication from any Australian parks as to the intended home for this new attraction.
Mixerholic

Re: Water coaster bound for Australia in 2013

Post by Mixerholic »

Wet n Wild Gold Coast are planning to demolish Bermuda Triangle? BASTARDS!!! I definately won't be going to their park then! Do you think it's possible that Wet n Wild Sydney might be getting the Water Coaster? Probably won't. Who knows where the ride's going, but who cares. We're finally getting a freaking Water Coaster in Australia!
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Mixerholic wrote:Wet n Wild Gold Coast are planning to demolish Bermuda Triangle? BASTARDS!!! I definately won't be going to their park then! Do you think it's possible that Wet n Wild Sydney might be getting the Water Coaster? Probably won't. Who knows where the ride's going, but who cares. We're finally getting a freaking Water Coaster in Australia!
Bermuda Triangle was at Sea World... and was closed down nearly 2 years ago now. The ride was aging and falling apart so it was time to go. Not to mention the ride was recycled from Lassiter's Lost Mine Ride which opened in 1988 so it was over 20 years old. I doubt it will go to WnW Sydney either.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Thanks Hurricane! Why did I think Bermuda was at Wet n Wild :roll: :lol: Could you imagine having an Aqua Man ride at Warner Bros. :lol:
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

I dont no how out of date the site is or if ive missed something but advanced amusements have a flume ride coming soon.
Is it currentor have we already got another flume ride.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The ride we are talking about is not a flume... but something like this:

http://www.rcdb.com/2079.htm
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Yeap understand that just thought id ask since the topic is water