PIRATE
No votes
OTHER...
32%

Total votes: 22

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

According to OzShowKid, the Force 10 is back again (we had some lengthy discussion on it, but it seems the search function is not working like it should, or some topics have been lost in the changeover)

Good description Trav - to simplify it a bit, it is structurally slightly similar to how the main wheel is positioned on a Chance "CHAOS" - however, the whole wheel is higher up allowing for the long vertical sweeps that hold the 3-seater chairs. (in essence making it a bit like an enterprise)
Trav

Post by Trav »

Right on Dave! I was looking for another ride to compare Force 10 to, and Chaos is spot on. .
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

So, how are you seated in this Force Ten ride, I think I get your description Trav, please clarify this for me!!!! :D
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
Trav

Post by Trav »

Neb. As Dave mentioned, it has 3 person chairs :) :) :) . They all have a kind of 'over the shoulder, lap bar restraint' thingy that holds you in, although I don't think it's needed at all (due to the high G's exerienced). I used to ride Force 10 without really needing to hang on, so....if you want... you can wave your arms around like an idiot! :lol: the Gs really pin you down. Oh, and the ride only moves in a forward direction.

Does that help?....I hope so.

Trav.
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Yah, it sounds like quite a thrilling ride! :D
Oh, what a dictatorship we have going here hey? You should probably know I didn't take the pics off because I wasn't on the internet all week so I couldn't, you conclusion-jumpist!
TOTCYCTNB

Post by TOTCYCTNB »

i carnt imagine a ride that carnt be more boring that the rainbow

sure it is kind of big but it only goes around and around
How boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

I think it does sound monotonous, and its nothing compared to the Claw, but its still a fun ride all the same, and its damn big, which make its revolutions even More FUN!! :D
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Okay guys, I think it is too difficult to pick just one ride.

I know we have a lot of Rainbow fans out there, I too think it is an awesome ride.....to look at, but thrill wise it does not do anything for me. Lets take the Rainbow and add an upside down element, now you have me. I hae to give my points to the Huss Ranger. Very unique and smooth ride. Very powerful and has a interesting lock in device.

I also have to give my points to the Zipper and Turbo, for rides which go upside down. The Hangover is quite good for a Ranger wannabe. Rock and Roll is an oldie but a goodie, however, the lock in device (a large belt) is considerably uncomfortable, espeically if you ride a few times in a row.

For non-upside down rides, I would give my vote(s) to Break Dance, Scorpion, Thunderbolt and Sizzler.

If it comes down to one ultimate favourite ride, the best. The only one to leave in operation and all the rest would be gone, I would choose the Zipper, no the Ranger, no the Enterprise, no the Break Dance. Heck I will design my own ride which could mimic all the above, that way I could ride whatever I liked.

Supposebly there was a ride shown at the IPAA conference a couple years back that could mimic any roller coaster/ride movement. It looks like a giant arm with four seats (two facing forwards and two facing backwards).
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

It couldn't imitate roller coaster that well, considering that they move over a lot of area in a short time, and i fail to see how it could imitate the Turbo that well, but sounds cool, and I agree Mattie, there was too many rides to choose from, hence i went for other :)
TOTCYCTNB

Post by TOTCYCTNB »

mattie s right maybe if there was some kind of inversion on the rainbow maybe it would be a bit better. And lets al agree the wipeout would not be good if it did not go upside down
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I agree with Mattie on the thrill factor of Rainbow, well for me I love it, cos I'm a silly child lol and I find bloody Wave Swinger exciting, but I guess kind of a Rainbow remix has been done, i.e Inverter, its just like a 1001 Nachts that inverts pretty much, but Ill always love Rainbow, you can take lotsa friends on and just have a good time :D
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

i fail to see how you can make friends with people on a ride, i mean, I talk to others that go on rides, but i reckon it'd be pretty hard to make a good friend on a ride, lol

and the Rainbows fun, i think an inverted element would take away from the fun a bit...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

what you talking bout making friends on rides?, well i did make friends with the operator and one of the guys on rainbow, the guy loading passangers were cool, at one point I got on and was sittin there by myself, and he was like, mate you got the whole ride to yourself, and i go, oh yeah mate i love it!. And he was like, I remember you from earlier, what is this your third ride, and i go nah 4th, and he said well I think we got us a true fan here tonight HAHA he was soo cool
but Neb im saying you take your mates on it and have a great time!, even try standing up when it reaches near the top, lol so the op can't see ya!! hahaha
TOTCYCTNB

Post by TOTCYCTNB »

I find that a bit ironic that you say the rainbow is sooooooooooooo good and its soooooooooooo fun yet you were the only one who voted for the rainbow on the poll and once again can you see the irony that no one else was on the rainbow even when you say its the best ride. And maybe if there was an inversion on it, it would take out the bore factor and add maybe the tiniest little bit of excitement. :wink:
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

good point(s) there TOTCYCTNB , i think if our good friend HUSSRAINBOW here was to have a ride on the Claw, then thered be a change of heart, lol, or perhaps not, but oh well.

and the Turbos going well in the polls, go the Turbo!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I cannot believe someone suggested it would be better to incorporate some sort of upside down element to the Rainbow, I firmly dissagree. If you want this, ride Hang Over.

The Rainbow (and its other imitators) will always remain more graceful and popular than Chance's Invertor (which I think you are implying)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I completly agree with Dave, Rainbow is a classic, and shouldn't be modified, the only think i'd really aprove would be a Giant Rainbow!
and TOTCYCTNB, you're back, how bout you crawl back in the hole you came from, cos your worthless crap aint any good here!
could we get a BAN on hmmm TOT's lame posts!
princess

Post by princess »

are you guys, under pressure from exams or something, maybe you all shoud do something to chillout :roll:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol i got 2 days off tomoz, but princess im fine, its just tot has been a trouble maker wayy before you came, so u got to avoid it, lucky you! :wink:
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

how about you watch your language there Chris?

and I think that some of the above posts were deleted, perhaps thats because they were off topic, like that insult towards TOTCYCTNB, just because he didnt like the Rainbow as much as you... :roll:

and back ON topic, would a giant Rainbow really be worth making, how mnay trailers would it have to go on, 7 ? thats a bit absurd
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

hmmm, well no it wouldnt be a portable ride, none of the giant rides are...... :roll:
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

Well Im so-rry your majesty, i made a slight error, let me shine up your shoes for you, King HUSSRAINBOW

and surely if they can travel a freefall ride around, then they could travel an absurd giant Rainbow around...surely... :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

no but that is where you are wrong, there is no way in which ANY of the Huss Giants can be made portable, they are just TOO big. So you will never be seeing a Giant ride on the ride, not even in Germany, because they have been specifically designed for THEME PARKS
Nebuchanezzar

Post by Nebuchanezzar »

well then, can SOMEONE explain TO me, how they TRAVEL a giant freefall RIDE around? I'm NOT doubting that THEY are too BIG (the huss GIANT rides) TO travel AROUND! but I cant see how THEY can travel a FREEFALL AROUND?!?!?!?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Simply put, those giant freefall towers are much simpler structurally (a rising central column). As Chris says, HUSS Giant rides are complicated extreme structures, and would not be cost efficient to travel. They are designed for concrete foundations, not trailer chasis's.

I hear Power Tower (the tallest portable freefall ever built) was writtten off for it's value of around Au$20 million when one of the trucks carrying a vital part of the column jacknifed on a freeway. Needless to say, it is no longer operating. (not sure, Chris you're up to date on the German fair happenings, what eventuated?)