20%
Movie World
80%

Total votes: 5

Mattie
Super Administrator

Roller Coasters - Dreamworld Versus Movie World

Post by Mattie »

With Dreamworld and Warner Brothers Movie World having equal amount of roller coasters, I thought I would pose the question on which park do you think has the best coasters. The list is as follows:

Dreamworld
- Cyclone
- Tower of Terror
- Runaway Reptar
- Eureka Mountain Mine Train

Movie World
- Lethal Weapon
- Superman Escape
- Road Runner Roller Coaster
- Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

I will have to say Movie World in my opinion has the better coasters.

I back this up with
- their coasters has multiple trains
- their ride themeing is very well done
- staff and que lines go right up to the rides and que lines move quicker

If you compare the two upside down coasters - Lethal Weapon versus Cyclone. LW has more upside elements, multiple trains run the track and you can choose which seat you want to sit in.

If you compare the two launch coasters - Superman versus Tower of Terror. Superman is longer in duration, has excellent themeing, has multiple trains running the track and seats 20 people per train versus TOT's 15.

If you compare the mad mouse type coasters - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster versus Eureka Mountain Mine Train. SDSC has excellent themeing, duration is longer, is larger in track size, has backwards elements and has more carriages running on the track. That being said, the EMMT themeing is very good too.

If you compare the kids coasters - Road Runner Roller Coaster versus Runaway Reptar. Road Runner has multiple trains running the track, however, Runaway Reptar is a suspended coaster. I think these two coasters may be equals.

My thoughts anyway. While I rate WBMW as having the better coasters, I still rate DW as being the park with the best thrill rides. But I have an annual pass to both, so I just decide on the day what I want to do. Or maybe just do both.

What do you guys think?
Founder / Editor
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Mattie wrote:But I have an annual pass to both, so I just decide on the day what I want to do. Or maybe just do both.
Rub it in why don't ya!!

CG
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Hehehe, wasn't trying to rub it in at all. If anyone ever wants to go theme parking, just drop me a line.

Come on people, if you are going to vote, write some text to backup your decision. I want to hear why you are voting a particular way.

Matt
Founder / Editor
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Mattie, I have a pass for all 4 parks now, but my DW one expires next week. So I go like every weekend. So when you are going just e-mail me or PM me. I think MW is better for coasters. But My reasons are basicly the same as Matties. and I am going to a park tomorrow, so PM me if u see it before tomorrow
Jmill326

Post by Jmill326 »

Yeah I'd have to go with Mattie, Movieworld has better Coasters, but thats about it.

The only real good things they have there are

* The four Coasters
* The Wild Wild West
* Police Acadamy Show thingy

They are the only realy good things.

Then you look at dreamworld...

* 5 Awsome thrill rides
* Heaps of amazing Family rides
* And like WBMM, A large, enjoyable kids section.

MY vote for coasters would be WBMM, but my vote for best park and best day out, Dreamworld definately gets my vote...

I rest my case :wink: