Ekka 2007

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Maybe showbags and a few sideshow games but thats about it. And your welcome for that list.

And Princess, They only charged $15 the day me and Matt went on it the 1st time, then they lowered it to $10 to compete with Extreme Speed.
princess

Post by princess »

I think 15 dollars is heaps, but if you are into extreame, it is cerntainly that, but, How does Extreme, compare to Sling Shot for a thrill ride, IMO, from where I seat, Extreme looks far better thrill ride.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Are we talking about Extreme Speed Machine?

From my experience, Slingshot is alot more extreme than Speed. But then again they are different experiences. Personally I prefer the slingshot's to the Vomatron style rides. But then you have No Limit... lol, but thats a whole different story.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Did Bell's put their prices down to $10.00 during the RES? It sure was $15.00 when I was there and they had no trouble attracting riders. The queues were a mile long! It was the same for Speed.

I'm definitely not a fan of Slingshot rides although I admit they are a huge thrill and an unforgetable experience. My first ride on one was in America when I was doing a Space Camp at NASA. We all had to ride three times in a row which wasn't exactly easy for me but I was proud of myself after doing it. I find swinging and spinning rides much more appealing and don't usually feel sick although rides like the Scorpion and Power Surge are quite rough on the old stomach...
princess

Post by princess »

Sorry Hurricane I do mean No Limit.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, at Sydney No Limit was $10, SLingshot was $20 on the last day. Then at hawkesbury, no limit was $10 for the whole time of the show and slingshot was also $20 again. Also for ekka phillip durkin's Insanity will be there and that is $15 and the power surge will be up there

Cheers
Top Gunner14
PNC

Post by PNC »

the big wheel will be at ekka as well, in the small ekka ride area, i wonder how durkins wheel will stand up
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'd say it'll be like sydney. Showgoers still like the old skymaster wheel because its open air and also cheaper too. Then you'll have other people that will go on the skyview. I think it will be pretty even

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Skymaster still did very well at Sydney, there is something a little bit hygenic, plastic, about the new wheel imo, still there were queues for both rides.

Just thought you should all know its my birthday today, :lol: I am counting backwards :oops:, sorry but someone has to remember.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Moove Alley

The ever-popular Moove Alley precinct is home to rides, carnival games and attractions for all ages.

The following rides are brand new to Ekka 2007:

Power Surge
The Power Surge demands attention from its explosive star centre to each of the ride's arms, covered in flashing lightening bolts. Its surging power and spectacular presence cannot be missed when it surges into full motion at a surprising 17.5 metres. While listening to the pumping music, riders are encouraged to let their hair down, let go and scream for more - if they dare!

Insanity
Manufactured by the company that brought you the Slingshot, Insanity is set to thrill this Ekka. Standing 45 metres tall, rotating eight riders at a 42-metre radius with an unusual twist - the Insanity is the ride that even astronauts fear!

Samba Balloon Race - for kids big and small!

Twist and twirl yourself around while flying up, up and away in the Ekka's latest fun family ride, the Samba Balloon Race. This beautiful Italian-made ride features eight brightly coloured, illuminated balloons afloat intricately designed moulded wicker gondolas. Decked out with contrasting coloured sand bags, the Samba Balloon Race is a ride with a real twist; great fun for the whole family.

Moove Alley is proudly supported by Moove.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Happy birthday Princess! :)
princess

Post by princess »

lol thank you Ben.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

LOL... I already talked to Princess for her b-day, but I'm just waiting to go on the Power Surge, I wonder if it's as good as space roller or not...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I will have to try Insanity, But what do you think is better, No Limit or Insanity? I think I will also have to try Power Surge, it truly does look fun!
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Insanity sounds great, however, its has been so cold up here in Brisbane lately, I dont like the sound of travelling 120km/h into freezing temperatues head on.

Just think, come Ekka in August its going to be even colder. Grrr I hate the cold.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
PNC

Post by PNC »

some rides are already on the grounds, was to cold to see what they are
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've got to admit, i've haven't been on either. Power surge is really fun. PNC, try and get some pics for us and post them

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I suppose they are setting up the Skymaster and chairlift already; Ekka is definitely on its way!

The Power Surge and Space Roller are quite different and I hadn't thought of comparing them previously. One thing that is similar is the sound systems which never fail to belt out awesome music with excellent ride operators making you feel very welcome.

Matty, I'm sure you'll brave the cold and ride Insanity at the Ekka; I'm desperate for a review on this ride as I'm yet to hear from someone who has ridden it. I was disappointed when it didn't do the RES, perhaps next year.
PNC

Post by PNC »

the skeleton of the sky master wheel is up, when i seen it from a distance, i thought it was the big wheel, and i got very excited, hopefully it gets some of brisbanes people excited, and they support the show this year
princess

Post by princess »

You guys are soft, where the cold is concerned, try Melbourne of Sydney lol
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Try western sydney where i live. Try Minus 3 nearly every morning!Lol
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Try my HOME TOWN :P

5 Degrees Maximum in Canberra, they got snow :twisted:
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Well I am looking forward to Ekka. Ben, I will deffinitely be giving some reviews and taking a load of photos this year. Last year I slacked off. I am in the process of finalising the AAF site (yes hard to believe after it being down for over 12 months) so hopefully it will be all up and running for Ekka reviews. We have a new look and its more automated.

So who is attending the Ekka this year and is interested in catching up? I will be working in the morning on the first Friday in the Government pavilion, but am happy to catch up any time.

Top Gunner, I live in the western suburbs of Brisbane and am facing the same termpertures as you.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I will be going on the 12th of August (1st sunday of EKKA) at this stage.