Skymaster Wheel
Space Roller
Starship 2000
Supa Sizzler
Techno Jump
The Claw
Slingshot
Wave Swinger

Please note, I have only included the major rides. This list was provided by RACQ (Royal Automobile Club of Queensland) and may or may not be 100% Correct.
nil by mouth

Post by nil by mouth »

i HAVE HEARD THAT THE MEGA DROP MAY NOT BE ON EKKA.

IS THIS TRUE ?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's strange that u heard no Mega Drop. And the Love Xpress is goin. That's been stuck at my mates place since Sydney finished. TPA must have piocked up a week or 2 ago and taken it up. Sounds like a good ride line-up. Its strange that Hangover goes to Melbourne and Brisbane but doesn't cum into NSW much which is a bit of a shame. Does any one no why :?:

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

You're right Topgunner. The Hangover did the RES in 2001 and 02 but as far as I know, it hasn't done any regional or capital NSW shows since. This is the same for the Superbowl which hasn't been seen in my neck of the woods for some years.

A superb ride lineup for Ekka. Good to see the Claw is back, I was quite concerned about it after it was taken out of RES last April. I'm fairly sure Mega Drop is there, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

That ride list was correct s of last week, I presume love express got in due to the lack of ThunderBolt going.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

weird how o'neills bring in an average ride, when they could make tons more on a spectacular *rainbow*

hmmmmmmm
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Which ride are you talking about in regard's to O'neils Chris?

And I just noticed about the RES DVD, could you contact me about it (prices etc) when details are confimed please :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes Chris, could u please tell me about the DVD sounds like uve put alot of effort into this. It's sure to be good. Your right Ben, I haven't been back 2 Sydney since last year. The last time i went was when i was 7 back in 2000. I remember the scorpian being where breakdance was, Claws 1st year there, mad mouse there, galaxy coaster, splash canyon, temple of doom, pirate and a couple of others like the rainbow where it still is. Yes, Superbowl cane 2 hawkesbury a couple of years back. I wanted 2 ride it the next year but never turned up. Love express doesn't look all that good 2 me. I'd rather thunderbolt but the Raupen bahn looks great. It would b good if hangover came 2 Hawkesbury.

Oh and by the way, can anyone tell me if that centre point 200 thing still travels. It use to come to hawkesbury and Sydney but haven't seen it since.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

The Star Dancer you mean? I think Gill's owns the Star Dancer, Can someone confirm this?
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

i need work really need to work this hope i can find work
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

star dancer was last seen at moomba in 2005
was fun, except work cover made them put bars on the tubs... stupid!!!

also bout the dvd, nothing too special, just gonna chuck all my ride clips from 06/07 onto dvds... nothing special, and nothing spectuarly filmed... but if you want it... ill work something out.. when i finally make it LOL
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep the stardancer. I've been on it a couple of times. Its alright, haven't seen it for yonks. I never knew gill's owned it. And about the DVD huss. I would like it but i have no idea of how u could get it 2 me from melbourne 2 sydney. How much would u want 4 it?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

He would probably post it to you ^_^ I wouldn't know about the cost though...
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

like i said, I dunno yet, sending would be no issue.... but yeah, lemme try and work it all out first, lol disc 1 hasnt even been done yet... so yeah
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx Chris
PNC

Post by PNC »

mega drop is up at ekka for sure
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's good. If that wasn't goin, there were going to be sum good rides missing from the line-up

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Mega Drop isn't that good of a ride, I'd rather the Giant Drop about 20 mins from me any day :P
princess

Post by princess »

I was on the gateway bridge last night, the ferris wheel was lit up to the max, it looked fantastic from that distance.

Also on the news tonight they were mentioning that they will be looking at changing the date for the Ekka, to a time when it is not flu time, well this will be interesting considering all other capitals, except Sydney, run almost straight after the Ekka, they are talking about the September school holidays, very interesting as far as the rides are concerned. :shock: :?
Last edited by princess on Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

Thats interesting Princess. It will be weird going to the EKKA at a different time of year. I dont think they would really shift it though.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
benclare

Post by benclare »

The October holidays would put Ekka in direct competition with Melbourne and Perth, terrible for us ride enthusiasts and probably the showies as well. I agree they probably won't shift the Ekka to another date but it's an interesting topic of conversation. I reckon a great time would be around November although that wouldn't coincide with school holidays. The weather is awesome around that time though!
PNC

Post by PNC »

i think it will be a pain in the bum for all showmen if they move the date, as most go south right after ekka
princess

Post by princess »

This was an actual meeting with the health commission and the Show Committee that was on tele, they had the head of the Show Committee even saying that they will be looking at this after this years show.

November is starting to get very hot, where the carnival area is set up at Ekka would be like a sauna.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

hopefully the ekka all goes well. Shame 2 hear the thunderbolt isn't going.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes you could be right Princess. Sydney is much the same. The carnival area at Homebush gets very hot even at Easter and there are next to no trees or seating which we have discussed before.

I really don't know what will happen with the Ekka's possible date change. The Courier-Mail, the sister paper to the one I work for ran a story about it yesterday. Apparently, the president of the Show Society is a doctor and is personally concerned about the flu and its affect on Ekka. My guess is crowd numbers may be a little down but not too bad. This is good for those of you going. Just think, no major queuing for rides!