EKKA 2007 REVEIW!

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Sorry, i didn't no the dates for adelaide. Hopefully the ride line-up will b good down there. I definately agree with u guys, they need a chairlift at homebush. From like the kids area to the aussie ave carnival. With the chairlifts, are they owned by a showmen and do they do both melbourne and brissie?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

I stand corrected on this but I'm fairly sure the chairlifts are owned by the Show Societies and are not transported but are assembled and packed away before and after Showtime every year.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, thanx Ben
Aussie Ride Broker

Post by Aussie Ride Broker »

To put the myth to the facts the chair lift that does Brisbane & Melbourne is owned by Stan Durkin. The only thing that is moved and assembled on each are the seats.

Australian's Leading Ride Broker
www.australianamusementbrokers.com.au(In Recess)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

for an australian ride broker, with fairly good knowledge into the industry, you'd realise that the Chairlift was REMOVED in Melbourne....guess not ey
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I knew ekka had them and i thought the chair lift was removed from melbourne cause of the renos. Is Stan Durkin an actual durkin(any relation to phillip or owners of chaos, claw and that?)

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

Stan Durkin is Phillip's dad, Durkin/Wardall own chaos and claw etc.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that Princess! I often wondered about the Durkin's and have found info very difficult to come across. Thanks also for the correction on the Chairlift Aussie. I wonder whether owning this is profitable? I think you had to pay to ride the one in Sydney years ago but I can't remember for sure.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, thanx for that princess.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, I took all my ekka pictures that I took, plus a few video clips that I found on my PC, and whipped them all up into a 3 minute video.

Rides Featured - Flash Dance, Super Sizzler, No Limit, Space Roller, SkyView, Cyber Party, Starship 2000, Skymaster, Ali Baba, Crazy Coaster.

Please note, that I took all the footage, except the Cyber Party video. That was just randomly found on my desktop :P

The URL for the video can be found below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwMcKTKoEU&v3
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

cool photos crap song
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Cheers for the photo compliments Chris, I may do a better version as I noticed a few things in it I want to change, so I may use a different song.
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

Yea cool vid but really bad music you should have used the cannibal corpse song Striped Raped and Strangeld
ride the zipper!!
benclare

Post by benclare »

Do you have any audio of the rides in operation? I really like the clips that feature this or the onride videos like the Super Loop one Kiwi took. I would love to take a camera on the rides with me and do some filming. I'm sure the pics you took are fantastic too!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

There will be a new version going on tonight with the soundtrack being "Sneaky Sound System - UFO" This new video also features about 30 secs of ON RIDE footage of Hard Rock.
princess

Post by princess »

What a great idea Ben, again what we take for granted, maybe we should have a guessing competion, guess the ride by the sound, suppose you would win. :lol:
benclare

Post by benclare »

:lol: Yes I do know most of the rides by what they sound like although some of the newer ones are a bit tricky. You've got to be right in front of No Limit before you hear anything and Speed and the Hard Rock make no noise at all until you're actually riding. Sobima Breakdances are also very quiet. On the other hand, rides like Enterprise, Ranger, Kamikaze, Rainbow etc are unmistakable.

By the way Hurricane, good choice for sneaky Sound System cos I'm a huge fan of them! They were excellent at Live Earth earlier this year and I think they played at Ekka too.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yes Ben,

Sneaky Sound System did play at the EKKA, they sang UFO, and Pictures if I am correct.

Anyway the new video is now up and located here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwo1nOHBJo

And i'm sorry, none of the video clips that I had, have sound :(
kiwi

EKKA

Post by kiwi »

Great video thanks for sharing.

Could anyone tell me who owns this pay box, was in front of a kids ride next to the Flashdance.

Cheers
Kiwi
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

That ticket box looks like either Durkins, or Gills Partyland. I'm not 100% on it, but it just looks familiar
kiwi

Ticket Box

Post by kiwi »

Thanks, the design is very similar to many I have seen in the past. More interested in the colour scheme on it.

Cheers
Kiwi
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I just realized that judging by the layout of the EKKA this year, that that ticket box would belong to "Gill's Partyland" As most of there kids rides were either there, or in the "Sunny Queen Smile Zone"
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I was just on the EKKA website, and found the results for the best Thrill Ride and Family Ride of the show.
Ride and game precinct Moove Alley was - as always - a hit with all ages. Heart stopper "No Limit" took out the coveted prize for Best Extreme Ride in the annual Exhibitor Awards, and the giant F1 Euroslide again proved popular with the young and young at heart.
It's nice to see that No Limit is going well for Elwin, I'm sure he'd be glad to win this award again, as I believe it's the 2nd year in a row it's won this award. It truly deserves it, but it's the friendly staff and appearance that makes half this ride alone, so a big congratulations to them. And to the EuroSlide, even though I never rode it, it looks fantastic :D
princess

Post by princess »

No one on this forum is surprised about that, lol.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I not suprised lol. It is a great looking ride and a good ride in itself from what i can see