EKKA 2007 REVEIW!

Hurricane

EKKA 2007 REVEIW!

Post by Hurricane »

Well, The Ekka has started, and here is a review of opening day!

General Notes:

Insanity wasn't operational all day today, I talked to one of the operators, and apparently it was a generator issue, and they will have a new one for tomorrow, and it should be operational.

There were next to no crowds today, with most rides struggling to reach half capacity, I ended up having a ride to myself several times. Power Surge also broke down around 4:00pm and didn't open till around 7:45pm tonight. Also most of the stuff ended up closing at 7:30 due to no crowds.

Now onto the ride Reviews!

Flash Dance: The ride was very fast, however the cycle was rather short, Also note, Flash Dance is not located in the MOOVE alley, but in the Nova Park area. Rating 6.5 / 10

Power Surge: Very clean looking ride, Also very intense and a rather long program. Rating 8/10

Zipper: There wasn't very much flipping on the ride, and the cycle was rather short, It appears the ride has had a paint job Rating: 6/10

Slingshot: There is more flipping around on this one compared to the Gold Coast one, however the launch didn't feel as powerful as the Gold Coast one. Rating : 7/10

Space Roller: Long Cycle, The ride seemed to run ALOT faster than last year, The appearance was top notch, Combine that with great music and a even better operator, And you have one amazing ride, and cheers to Russell for the Complimentary vouchers. Rating : 9.5 / 10

Crazy Coaster: The trims were on this ride REALLY harsh, and the cars didn't spin much at all, I was rather disappointed with it. Rating 5/10

Raupen Bahn: The program on this ride was rather short, The outside appearance of the ride was spectacular, but the inside wasn't that good. The ride also was very rattly. Rating: 6/10

Claw: I now remember why I hated this ride, The actual ride is good, but these harnesses are unforgiving on my shoulders. I reckon without the pain this ride would be a good ride, so my rating doesn't include the harnesses. Rating 7.5/10

Hangover: VERY long cycle (around 8 mins) However there wasn't very much hangtime on it. Rating: 8/10

No Limit: Moderate cycle, however there wasn't too much holding upside down, The ride was looking stunning as usual. Rating: 8.5 / 10

Wave Swinger: Reasonably short cycle, however appearance was nothing short of spectacular. Rating 6.5/10

Speed: The ride didn't feel intense to me at all, I could have slept on it if I wanted. The cycle wasn't that long either. Give me the Vomatron any day over Speed. Rating: 4/10

BreakDance: Moderate cycle, The ride was running very fast and the cosmetics are astonishing. This ride would really give Cyber Party a run for it's money if it was capable of lifting... Rating: 8/10

Hard Rock: Very fast gondola rotation, Long Cycle, The swings wern't that poweful, but the light show and music was very good. Rating: 7.5/10

Best Rides at the show:

Space Roller
No Limit

Worst Rides:

Speed
Raupen Bahn

Well, theres my 1st review of the EKKA for 2007.
princess

Post by princess »

Well done Hurricane, I will look forward to your next ride on No Limit, to see if it gets better as the show progresses.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great review. Would've been good to see some pics. Shame 2 hear about the insanity and the power surge. Good to hear flashdance is going well

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Awesome review Hurricane! :D You sure fitted in a lot of rides yesterday. Strange the carnival closed so early but it was Thursday night and the first one of the Show I suppose. You truely are amazing if you could fall asleep on Speed, you are a much better thrill rider than I am! I thought it was mega fast, went for ages and did the exact opposite to feeling sleepy.

Keep those reviews coming guys, I love them!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, I got to ride Insanity several times today, One of the times, it broke down with me up the top (had to wait 30 mins) The ride then ran flawlessly till about 6:45, then the NEW generator blew as well. So it looks like Insanity may be down for the rest of the EKKA if these issues can't be fixed. So I wouldn't get your hopes up on it working, but if it is running, be sure to get a go on it :D

I did actually take some photos tonight (mainly Space Roller) and when I can find my camera cable I will post them.

NEW RIDE REVIEWS:

Insanity:

When the ride begins, it is VERY VERY shaky and feels as though it's going to fall apart. Once the ride started it was very smooth and very fast, it was enough to make my legs cramp up. Then when the ride kicked into reverse, it was even more intense. I think once all the tech issues are sorted out, Insanity will be a top ride.

Rating: 7.5 / 10

General Rants:

Congrats to the Space Roller and No Limit crew who were outstanding tonight, Elwin and Russell should be proud. Not only were they incredibly friendly, but they were also very efficient in there jobs, Cracking jokes and having a great time! All I can say is that they shouldn't staple those evil Mondial harnesses in so hard on you, as now I am walking with a limp :P
And I even rode the SkyView tonight, and it was amazing, I can safley say I'm not afraid of ferris wheels any more :D
princess

Post by princess »

I geez Hurricane it was so much more fun when you were. :lol:
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

JUST GOT EMAIL FROM A MATE IN USA THAT SAID THE FABBRI MEGA DROP HAD BEEN VOTED THE WORLDS NUMBER ONE TRAVELING TOWER RIDE. WHAT A GOOD WRAP FOR BROSBORNE. ALSO HEARD THAT SOMEONE IS BUYING A NEW 65METER BUISNIK WHEEL WHICH IS 29 CONTAINERS AND LANDS IN OZ IN NOVEMBER
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

Welcome back Oz, nice to hear from you again.
benclare

Post by benclare »

It seems Australian skies are crowded with Ferris Wheels at the moment!

Great review yet again Hurricane. What a pity the Insanity is having so many problems with the generators. Apart from that, it sounds like a great ride. Does it go upside down like No Limit?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yes, the gondola often ends up doing a nose dive (depending on weight) if your a single rider you don't go upside down as much as the rider with 2 has more weight so they end up being inverted.

All I can say is thank goodness I got my 3 rides on Insanity in :P
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

here are some photos from the first few days of ekka 2007:

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Did you take these pics HUSS, if so what day were you there?
little bit

Post by little bit »

wow awesome pics would love to see more good work
princess

Post by princess »

Huss can be very sneaky, cant you huss 8) :shock: :D

You have excelled yourself again, that ferris wheel photo is awesome.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Another ferris wheel on the way hear :!: The pics aren't workin 4 me huss.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

have to agree with princess - that Ferris Wheel photo is awesome!!!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol sorry to say people, but no I didn't take these photos, I decided to pass on EKKA, only sydney and melbourne shows for me... haha
got them from FLICKR.COM, surely there will be more photos from users in the upcoming days, just search EKKA 2007

chris.
princess

Post by princess »

Oz, I am curious to your using Brosborne in your comment above, please explain, if you would be so kind.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the insanity is - we can see part of it in those pictures!

And just wondering if anyone knows why thunderblot isn't at ekka?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Thunderbolt wasn't able to attend Ekka for a few reasons, such as staffing shortages, and possible lack of groundspace (not 100% on these 2 though)

Insanity is a Funtime "Chaos Pendle" Photos can be seen here, just note that the model we have is the 2 arm version, not the 3 arm one.

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/gallery5.htm
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also on the funtime website, it's down the botom with the green and orange arms. Shame about thunderbolt
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i want a job at the melb show...... any help guys?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What, with a company with the rides
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

probably a thrill ride...
no limit
space roller probs would be the best
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Give someone a ring. I doubt u'll get on a major thrill ride. Probably a sideshow. Try ur luck and see what response u get